Everybody drinks at Cubs games

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 17, 2008 -> 09:51 AM)
Ha! Hope they turned that dad in.

Call DCFS!!

I have to confess, while I do not attend Cubs games, I almost always let my kids (they are 5 and 3, BTW) take sips of my beer at home. Granted, I really do not drink at all other than an occassional beer or glass of wine with dinner. Whatever, I think we get too worried about alcohol and make it out to be a bigger deal than it is. By the time our kids start having access to booze, they overindulge and are not prepared for it's potential dangers. Still funny that was caught on film, though.

Edited by Pants Rowland

This is no big deal, and any outrage/shock over this is laughable. If the kid was getting tanked, I would understand. He had a sip, and the dad that allows a sip every here and there is better than the dad who strictly forbids it only to see his kid wind up being a lush the second he's out of the parent's grasp. The lesson of moderation is the most valuable lesson you can be taught regarding alcohol.

In Europe wine is all but standard at family dinners/family events.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 17, 2008 -> 10:02 AM)

I followed your link and found "my reason for hating cubs fans"

It brought to mind something I've been wondering. When did the Cubs start the "Go Cubs Go" thing after wins? Is this new? I remember the song, but I don't ever remember it being a tradition that they play it after victories. This season is the first I've heard of it.

QUOTE (ChiSox35 @ Jul 17, 2008 -> 11:54 AM)
This is no big deal, and any outrage/shock over this is laughable. If the kid was getting tanked, I would understand. He had a sip, and the dad that allows a sip every here and there is better than the dad who strictly forbids it only to see his kid wind up being a lush the second he's out of the parent's grasp. The lesson of moderation is the most valuable lesson you can be taught regarding alcohol.

In Europe wine is all but standard at family dinners/family events.

I don't think it's a huge deal, but it's not the smartest thing to do out in public.