Alternate Transportation to Get to Game

Rishard101

Ok I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this but I need some help. I have two tickets to the game on Friday and I'm going with my 14 year old cousin. I just found out I'm not going to have a car available to drive to the game, so I was wondering if anyone knew of alternate ways to get to the game that would be safe. I live in Orland Park which is in the south suburbs for those of you who don't know. Thanks for any help.

If there is a train station near you take the train into union station and then hop on a nearby Red Line El Train and it will take you straight to the park.

I'm just guessing but isn't Orland Park near the blue line, if so just take that and transfer to the red.

I took the Pace Go-Go Sox express once this year. Very cheap (EXACTLY 3 bucks one way drops you right off at the game). The link is below. Still need some way to get to one of those stations and I'm not familiar with Orland Park. Hope this helps!

http://www.pacebus.com/sub/espd/us_cellular_express.asp

Edited by Paint it Black

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Jul 16, 2008 -> 08:00 PM)
If there is a train station near you take the train into union station and then hop on a nearby Red Line El Train and it will take you straight to the park.

I'm just guessing but isn't Orland Park near the blue line, if so just take that and transfer to the red.

No, no, no - the Blue Line stops at 54th/Cermak, Orland Park is out south in the 150s which is actually probably closer to 95th or even Midway. The poster that suggested a Pace bus was probably the best option. Orland Park does have Metra stops if you wanted to do that but you'd probably have to go all the way downtown and then walk a couple blocks to State Street which isn't necessarily the most efficient way.

Thanks for all the help it turns out I actually will have a car, but I may use that Pace bus thing anyways. And yes GOD is one of you and he has been a stranger on the bus many times. Ironically I am watching VH1's Greatest Songs of the 90s and they just talked about that song.

QUOTE (GOD @ Jul 17, 2008 -> 01:19 PM)
Thanks for all the help it turns out I actually will have a car, but I may use that Pace bus thing anyways. And yes GOD is one of you and he has been a stranger on the bus many times. Ironically I am watching VH1's Greatest Songs of the 90s and they just talked about that song.

That's too bad...I was hoping to drive you and your cute cousin to the game.

:unsure:

I used to live in Homewood (right near Orland), and we used to take the Metra into the city and hop the Red Line to the Cell. Well, it wasn't the Cell then but thats not the point. Point is, its not too difficult, just look up your Metra routes and your L routes and make it mesh :D

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 16, 2008 -> 07:59 PM)
No, no, no - the Blue Line stops at 54th/Cermak, Orland Park is out south in the 150s which is actually probably closer to 95th or even Midway. The poster that suggested a Pace bus was probably the best option. Orland Park does have Metra stops if you wanted to do that but you'd probably have to go all the way downtown and then walk a couple blocks to State Street which isn't necessarily the most efficient way.

i do it all the time from the northwest suburbs and its very efficient...

QUOTE (IamPabloOzuna @ Jul 18, 2008 -> 08:27 PM)
i do it all the time from the northwest suburbs and its very efficient...

You're coming from the north which means you don't pass 35th street to go downtown, then turn around and come back.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 18, 2008 -> 10:16 PM)
You're coming from the north which means you don't pass 35th street to go downtown, then turn around and come back.

perhaps...but as far as means of getting to the game (even from the south), its viable, especially if one does not have access to a motor vehicle