Danks has a big fan

Al Lopez's Ghost

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 17, 2008 -> 07:56 AM)
I too wish he would devote those 13 seconds it takes to read a box score to something more important!

Since when did he start reading? The running joke was that he never read the papers.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 17, 2008 -> 08:57 AM)
Since when did he start reading? The running joke was that he never read the papers.

I think it was more something he himself said..that he doesnt read 'em

While I dont think reading the box scores is too much a waste of time, I think there's something to be said for a president who is completely into his task. You didnt see Clinton much into sports at all. (Joke opportunity for GOPers here, I'm sure)

Bush probably should still be owning the Rangers. One reason I like Obama (and disliked Kerry as well) is that the presidency should be more than just the 'next big business to own'

I'm not a Bush supporter, but seriously, the man likes Baseball.. he's allowed to like baseball, he's allowed to follow baseball, and if he likes one of our guys, I think that's pretty cool.

I also think it's cool that Obama is a Sox fan. That alone isn't going to win my vote, but if Obama is president, and he's a Sox fan, wouldn't that give us a pretty good chance to see the President of the United States throw out the first pitch on opening day at our home stadium (The President throwing out a first pitch somewhere is something of a tradition, correct?) I think that'd be pretty damn cool.

I know.. a little off topic... back to wishing President Bush would fix our failing economy in a day.

QUOTE (PlunketChris @ Jul 17, 2008 -> 11:10 AM)
I'm not a Bush supporter, but seriously, the man likes Baseball.. he's allowed to like baseball, he's allowed to follow baseball, and if he likes one of our guys, I think that's pretty cool.

I also think it's cool that Obama is a Sox fan. That alone isn't going to win my vote, but if Obama is president, and he's a Sox fan, wouldn't that give us a pretty good chance to see the President of the United States throw out the first pitch on opening day at our home stadium (The President throwing out a first pitch somewhere is something of a tradition, correct?) I think that'd be pretty damn cool.

I know.. a little off topic... back to wishing President Bush would fix our failing economy in a day.

Hasn't Bush been thowing out the 1st pitch for the Nats the last couple seasons?

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 17, 2008 -> 02:42 PM)
Hasn't Bush been thowing out the 1st pitch for the Nats the last couple seasons?

Yeah I think so. I know he definitely did this season with the new stadium opening up and everything.

I wonder if they'll get the new president to do it next season?

But yeah, let's hope none of this goes to John's head or anything and he keeps pitching the way he has. We need him to, with others in the rotation faltering leading up to the ASB.

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Jul 17, 2008 -> 03:50 PM)
Yeah I think so. I know he definitely did this season with the new stadium opening up and everything.

But yeah, let's hope none of this goes to John's head or anything and he keeps pitching the way he has. We need him to, with others in the rotation faltering leading up to the ASB.

When I watch Danks on the mound and in interviews his demeanor comes across as being almost exactly like Buehrle to me. Except maybe a little more emotional, i.e. will throw a fit after giving up a HR. But then he will go straight after the next batter without a care in the world just like Buehrle does.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Jul 17, 2008 -> 12:50 PM)

The President has picked various different places to throw out the first pitch over the years. He threw out the first pitch in Cincinnati a few years ago and the owner in Cinci is a big supporter of his campaigns.

In other words...you might well get an opening day first pitch from the President at the Cell if the person I'm voting for wins.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 17, 2008 -> 02:19 PM)
The President has picked various different places to throw out the first pitch over the years. He threw out the first pitch in Cincinnati a few years ago and the owner in Cinci is a big supporter of his campaigns.

In other words...you might well get an opening day first pitch from the President at the Cell if the person I'm voting for wins.

Cincy was also the traditional opening day in MLB until this stupid Sunday nite baseball opening came along.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 17, 2008 -> 02:04 PM)
When I watch Danks on the mound and in interviews his demeanor comes across as being almost exactly like Buehrle to me. Except maybe a little more emotional, i.e. will throw a fit after giving up a HR. But then he will go straight after the next batter without a care in the world just like Buehrle does.

How much more emotional do you get than going apes*** on a space heater?