Danks has a big fan

Al Lopez's Ghost

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 17, 2008 -> 11:04 AM)
You want to post politics, get out of this thread and go into the buster. Any political posts or bashes relating to the president which occur from here on within this thread will result in an immediate suspension.

Thank you. It's amazing how some people have the audacity to take what should be a pretty cool thread about the President of the United States following Danks' career and turn it into a political attack on Bush. This is baseball, not politics. I'm disappointed in a few good posters who surprised me with their political comments...

As for this thread, that's really darn cool. If I found out that the President knew who I was, that would be one of the coolest feelings in the world.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 17, 2008 -> 04:19 PM)
In other words...you might well get an opening day first pitch from the President at the Cell if the person I'm voting for wins.

Like I told you before , voting for Southpaw the Mascot is just throwing your vote away, dude. :P

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jul 17, 2008 -> 06:07 PM)
If I found out that the President knew who I was, that would be one of the coolest feelings in the world.

What makes you think he doesn't. :ph34r:

I will say this: almost every President has been into sports to some capacity or other. Nixon loved college football, and so did Bill Clinton, who made his way out to Baltimore to watch Ripken break Gehrig's record. They're human beings and are allowed to. And this is good for Danks, and good for Bush that he gets a second or two to himself in the morning. It's not an easy job.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jul 17, 2008 -> 02:07 PM)
Thank you. It's amazing how some people have the audacity to take what should be a pretty cool thread about the President of the United States following Danks' career and turn it into a political attack on Bush. This is baseball, not politics. I'm disappointed in a few good posters who surprised me with their political comments...

Doesn't really surprise me, politics are always a hot button topic, plus the fact that we're in the middle of the presidential campaign and then finally the polarizing nature of GW's current policies and the financial/political/global uncertainty that exists in the country today. Because of all these variables taking place at the same time it has created a bit of a perfect storm that really gets people's blood boiling no matter what side of the fence they may sit. I think we can just expect to see responses like this regarding any political type issues or in this case just the mere mention of a politician until the election is well past us.

Maybe we can get Bush to be in the next "signs" commerical now?

I could see it now.

Alexei digging into the batters box and looks down to 3B for the sign. GW Bush is there holding a sign that says "strategery".

Lex shrugs confusedly and holds up a sign that says "Que?" He looks down to Bush again who is now holding a sign that says

"Evil Empire"

Lex shrugs again and looks out at the pitcher. The pitch comes and Lex cranks a homer. As he is rounding first he holds up a sign that says "Muy Bueno", to which Bush's sign reply is

"Mission Accomplished"

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 18, 2008 -> 08:40 AM)
Maybe we can get Bush to be in the next "signs" commerical now?

I could see it now.

Alexei digging into the batters box and looks down to 3B for the sign. GW Bush is there holding a sign that says "strategery".

Lex shrugs confusedly and holds up a sign that says "Que?" He looks down to Bush again who is now holding a sign that says

"Evil Empire"

Lex shrugs again and looks out at the pitcher. The pitch comes and Lex cranks a homer. As he is rounding first he holds up a sign that says "Muy Bueno", to which Bush's sign reply is

"Mission Accomplished"

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy