The Dark Knight

knightni

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 20, 2008 -> 10:05 PM)

The White Knight turned into the Dark Knight at the end.

I disagree. I feel Batman is the Dark knight. Mainly because, in the end everyone in gotham potrayed him as the villain because they had no idea he took the blame for Harvey Dent.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jul 20, 2008 -> 09:11 PM)

I disagree. I feel Batman is the Dark knight. Mainly because, in the end everyone in gotham potrayed him as the villain because they had no idea he took the blame for Harvey Dent.

^

I saw it today. Then I finally read all the black script in here.

I have to say before I even saw it I found the talk on here that Ledger's death would influence people's opinions of his performance a little silly. For one, as mentioned, the guy has been a serious actor, already up for an Oscar. Secondly, I forgot who said it, but that the Joker's performance was only good because of the writing, well no duh. How many good performances had bad writing behind them? I mean, I guess no actor is ever funny, they are just reading what someone else wrote, no? Do you know what I loved about this Joker, and what made this movie honestly terrifying to me at some parts? In most movies, the difference between good and evil is who people care about. Most villains care about something, someone else evil, greed, something. But that premise of the Joker just enjoying chaos was what made him interesting. And that he came from no where in this film, he changed up the stories on his scars, I think that makes it more effective. We always tend to believe there is motive, but I think this is a very 21st century switch we are seeing. In many horror and other movies now, with terrorists being our worlds threats, we are seeing these villains that are simply evil. Born evil. There need not be a reason to be explained to us.

And another part, Nolan did a much better job than, I'll say all, the other directors of comic book movies of showing the chaos in the city and having the city be a character. In the other Batmans, you know that the villains are acting against the city, but it never really seems to be focused on. Their focus was merely on the fight between them and batman. In this one they really showed one, how the city reacted to these acts, and two, how that was affecting batman, more than the cat-mouse game between batman and the villains of other movies. From Batman begins, the best thing they've done is make it clear where Batman's motive lies, in trying to protect the city.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jul 20, 2008 -> 04:42 PM)
My only complaint is that maggie gylenhaal (sp) is hideous.

Just horrible, she looks so bad I cant even explain.. worst part of the movie easily

I was the only who clapped when she got blown up, dunno why

QUOTE (Shadows @ Jul 20, 2008 -> 10:03 PM)
Just horrible, she looks so bad I cant even explain.. worst part of the movie easily

I was the only who clapped when she got blown up, dunno why

Hahahah, my hats off to you. Usually you would at least feel a little bad when a good love interest dies. I was kinda happy knowing she won't be in the sequel though.

I, along with people around me laughed quite a bit at the part where the Joker says "Hello beautiful" to her.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 20, 2008 -> 09:14 PM)
I commented to my sister during the film, "I can't believe I miss Katie Holmes."

I was also less sad/disappointed when she died.

Yeah, and I don't think Katie Holmes looks good at all but jesus Maggie is like double bagger bad

QUOTE (Shadows @ Jul 20, 2008 -> 09:26 PM)
Yeah, and I don't think Katie Holmes looks good at all but jesus Maggie is like double bagger bad

Maybe its me but Maggie Gyllenhall looks like a heavier version of Katie Holmes.

Oh and if they are not going to bring Robin into the next one like some of you said it takes out a huge chunk of the plot if they somewhat follow the Batman Forever storyline. Personally, I'd love to see the Freeze, Ivy and Riddler in the next one but I don't feel this movie ended in a way that would bring them into the sequel. If Ivy is in it, Jennifer Garner will play the part, book it, shes played similar roles.

Never thought about two face coming in to the next movie, I figured he was dead, I suppose its possible they are just sending off Harvey Dent in the ceremony and not two face. Oh, and I was stunned when he went to save Harvey, I figured he'd save Rachel and Harvey would blow giving him the scars.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Jul 20, 2008 -> 11:35 PM)
Maybe its me but Maggie Gyllenhall looks like a heavier version of Katie Holmes.

Oh and if they are not going to bring Robin into the next one like some of you said it takes out a huge chunk of the plot if they somewhat follow the Batman Forever storyline. Personally, I'd love to see the Freeze, Ivy and Riddler in the next one but I don't feel this movie ended in a way that would bring them into the sequel. If Ivy is in it, Jennifer Garner will play the part, book it, shes played similar roles.

Never thought about two face coming in to the next movie, I figured he was dead, I suppose its possible they are just sending off Harvey Dent in the ceremony and not two face. Oh, and I was stunned when he went to save Harvey, I figured he'd save Rachel and Harvey would blow giving him the scars.

The thing about Nolan. He's in it for the realism.

My guess is The Penguin, The Riddler, Mad Hatter, Ventriloquist or Catwoman.

They are semi-normal characters.

Clay Face, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, Croc, Bane, etc. are too unreal to be chosen.

I hope what batman learns is to not fall into the trap in, while trying to top the previous movies, they add too many villains. I know the thinking behind it, but the story becomes to convoluted and moves too slow.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 20, 2008 -> 10:48 PM)
The thing about Nolan. He's in it for the realism.

My guess is The Penguin, The Riddler, Mad Hatter, Ventriloquist or Catwoman.

They are semi-normal characters.

Clay Face, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, Croc, Bane, etc. are too unreal to be chosen.

Except Nolan already said he's not going to use The Penguin, he doesn't like the character.

Finally saw it today with the GF and go figure; I think it was pretty darn swell.