The Dark Knight

knightni

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 03:24 PM)
Definitely more believable, and I don't mean realistic. Less "you gotta be kidding me" moments when considering what the movies are.

I was just left shaking my head when the bag is thrown over the fence by the border into a seemingly impossible to find spot yet is immediately found. Too huge of a coincidence to find that darn bag so easily as it was put in a pretty random spot. It was hard to believe how the killer, what's-his-face, always would easily end up where that guy was hiding. He's found way too easily across the border in the hospital. Then there's some random shot of the killer in the motel out of nowhere that didn't really make any sense. And then the sopranos-like ending was lame...

Yeah, those things you bring up are definitely more likely to occur than a guy having half his face burnt perfectly down the middle and being able to survive and function properly afterwards, a balloon that is picked up by a plane just over a crowded urban area to pull a man dressed as a bat with the ability to soar by using electrically charged capes, and every single elaborate plan that the Joker devised through that movie. Thanks for pointing out how much more believable the Dark Knight was than No Country For Old Men.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 02:58 PM)
Yeah, those things you bring up are definitely more likely to occur than a guy having half his face burnt perfectly down the middle and being able to survive and function properly afterwards, a balloon that is picked up by a plane just over a crowded urban area to pull a man dressed as a bat with the ability to soar by using electrically charged capes, and every single elaborate plan that the Joker devised through that movie. Thanks for pointing out how much more believable the Dark Knight was than No Country For Old Men.

And when watching the movie it all made sense.

Definitely more believable, and I don't mean more realistic. Less "you gotta be kidding me" moments when considering what the movies are.

I clearly stated that it was more believable within the context of what type of movie it is and not more realistic.

Edited by SleepyWhiteSox

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 03:58 PM)
Yeah, those things you bring up are definitely more likely to occur than a guy having half his face burnt perfectly down the middle and being able to survive and function properly afterwards,

Well that's just the character, really doesn't have much to do with the movie as a whole.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 22, 2008 -> 09:49 PM)

I'm with Tony on Two Face, I really never though he died, I got a feeling he'll be back.

They had a funeral. I mean, yeah, they did it with Gordon, but I'd doubt they have two funerals in the same movie that both ended up being wrong.

QUOTE (Felix @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 03:33 PM)

They had a funeral. I mean, yeah, they did it with Gordon, but I'd doubt they have two funerals in the same movie that both ended up being wrong.

Well there's definitely an opening that two face can be brought back. Now with the death of Ledger, even if the first thought wasn't to have two face come back, the opening is there. We'll see, but I'm betting he's back.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 04:40 PM)

Has anyone else brought up the Morgan Freeman comment he made in the movie?

When Bruce is asking about the suit, and if it could stop a dog bite. Fox asks "A rottweiler or a poodle?" Bruce smiles, and Fox says "It could stop a cat"

Is that just a bad joke or a hint?

Someone brought it up earlier in the thread. Not going to lie, I didn't even think twice about it when he said it, but that's definitely an interesting point you guys bring up, certainly could be a hint.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 05:18 PM)
And when watching the movie it all made sense.

I clearly stated that it was more believable within the context of what type of movie it is and not more realistic.

And it made sense in No Country For Old Men because Chigurh was an expert tracker/killer. And to the point about Woody Harrelson knowing where the briefcase was thrown off the bridge, I believe Los Medias Blancas brought something like this up. It seems likely that Brolin's character told Harrelson's character the location of the briefcase so he can help him out. If you notice when you watch the movie, Harrelson counts the poles he walks by until he reaches a specific point, looks over the edge, and sees the case.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 03:42 PM)

Someone brought it up earlier in the thread. Not going to lie, I didn't even think twice about it when he said it, but that's definitely an interesting point you guys bring up, certainly could be a hint.

yeah, that was me

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jul 20, 2008 -> 05:56 AM)

There is one recurring character in the movies who can come back, and he is known to be one of Batmans greatest nemesis, Scarecrow. They havent even scratched the surface of what Scarecrow is about and what he can do. Of course, people arent going to want that, so it will probably bring in someone like the Riddler or Catwoman. If you remember, Lucious Fox said the suit was pretty much dog-proof, but not Cat-proof, maybe it was a hint.

I still think its gonna be Two Face, even moreso now. But I could definitely see Catwoman being a sub-character of the movie, someone who Batman is trying to stop at the outset, but needs help from at the end of the movie. And it makes more sense because Selena Kyle is a very serious love interest of Bruce Wayne throughout the comics, and yet again plays against the Yin and Yang aspect of Batman, because she is a criminal who he falls for. Plus, Rachel Dawes is out now, and Bruce needs a hottie who isnt a no-name Ballet dancer

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 03:58 PM)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulton_surfac...recovery_system

btw, just cause it isn't the dark knight doesn't mean you shouldn't put other movies in the spoiler tags.

Are we expected to put a spoiler tag around every key point in every movie ever made?

I watched Gone with the Wind last night,

I can't believe they allowed him to say "damn."

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 02:41 PM)
Are we expected to put a spoiler tag around every key point in every movie ever made?

I watched Gone with the Wind last night,

I can't believe they allowed him to say "damn."

I think it's fair to expect not to have no country for old men ruined for me when I go into a dark knight thread. But I realize hitting a button is pretty tough.

Loved it. Don't get a lot of the criticisms about it.

Liked how they leave it open for a 3rd. Definitely could see both Joker and Two Face back.

The Oscar race hits high gear around November so we will see if there are supporting performances better than Ledger. I could see him being nominated at least.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 01:41 PM)

Definitely could see both Joker (...) back.

You're positively insane. No one can touch the performance Ledger did or would want to for that matter. I'll be thoroughly disappointed if they try to replace him.

QUOTE (Felix @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 03:45 PM)

You're positively insane. No one can touch the performance Ledger did or would want to for that matter. I'll be thoroughly disappointed if they try to replace him.

I agree. Somewhere down the line, another director will write the joker into another movie, but it wont be Christopher Nolan

QUOTE (Felix @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 02:45 PM)

Point taken.

And the brief appearance of Scarecrow in the beginning could open the door for an appearance.

A couple of things..

1.) Flash, your Ledger jokes serious made me LOL.. that was good, cant believe no one else laughed at it.

2.)

Stop saying there was a funeral, IIRC it looked more like a "memorial" at which there was a picture of Dent and someone was talking about him. I don't remember EVER seeing anything that proved Two Face is dead. If there was a casket, then maybe in mistaken. Just because they put on a show about it though, doesn't mean he didn't escape and instead of telling everyone he turned into a monster, he is now dead.

3.) Spoiler tags are seriously gayer than aids. If you don't want to know about the f***ing movie, don't come into this thread. If you haven't seen TDK why are you reading this thread to begin with? And don't f***ing lie, you know you highlight and read some of it anyways.

4.) Anyone who is complaining about NCFOM being spoiled by this thread needs to STFU. As stated earlier its been out forever and if it mattered that much to you, you would have seen it by now.