Vendor who yells?

bigred3535

So I'm watching the Sox game on TV with a friend of mine who isn't a baseball fan. He was wondering about the guy yelling that you can hear on EVERY Sox broadcast, specifically what he's saying and if he's selling something. I always thought he was saying "PRO-grams" but my friend feels differently. As fellow Sox diehards, I figured you all would have to know who I'm talking about and might know what he's saying. I live in AZ so I haven't been to the Cell in a while and don't have up close experience with him. So...any ideas?

QUOTE (bigred3535 @ Jul 20, 2008 -> 01:25 PM)
So I'm watching the Sox game on TV with a friend of mine who isn't a baseball fan. He was wondering about the guy yelling that you can hear on EVERY Sox broadcast, specifically what he's saying and if he's selling something. I always thought he was saying "PRO-grams" but my friend feels differently. As fellow Sox diehards, I figured you all would have to know who I'm talking about and might know what he's saying. I live in AZ so I haven't been to the Cell in a while and don't have up close experience with him. So...any ideas?

He's yelling "Hot Dogs". He screams it at the top of his lungs every 2 steps he takes up and down the aisles.

QUOTE (AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Jul 20, 2008 -> 05:02 PM)
I thought it was "COLD BEER!"

That's what I hear too....

I hear "hot dogs" and "cold beer"....which instantly makes me head to my fridge for an icy cold one.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 20, 2008 -> 02:28 PM)
He's yelling "Hot Dogs". He screams it at the top of his lungs every 2 steps he takes up and down the aisles.

He's a short guy, looks italian. I guess dynamite does come in small packages because his voice is explosive. One time he gave me a

nasty look when he yelled HOTTTTTDOGGGGGGS as he was standing next to where I was seated, and I turned to him and asked, "I'm sorry, I didn't catch that! What is it that you are selling??"

Usually he sells in the lower deck between 1st and third base areas, but one time during batting practice before there were many people in the stands , I was sitting 25 rows up from 3rd base, and I heard his hotdog yell clear as day while he was in the right field bleachers. Imagine being a kid and getting into trouble, and this guy is your dad that is yelling at you?? SHEEESH!

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 21, 2008 -> 06:14 AM)
Yes, and if you ask him, he'll give you his business card.

I have not seen him much this year, maybe he is working a different area. He is the guy who also says 'I GGOOOTTT BEERRRR' in that raspy voice of his. I also like the singing beer guy, who I see several times a game in Section 113.

I remember last year going to the last game of the season. Me and my girlfriend were in home run area seats in RF and there was the beer vendor that would go up and down the stairs doing the Batman theme song, but saying "Beer man!" It was hilarious. I like the different sayings and things that vendors have.

my favorite guy ever is this guy over at PNC who sells lemonade. in this old voice that sounds wayyy over used, he yells "lemonADE HEEEEEEEEre"

i just searched on youtube for "pnc lemonade" and he came up! man that guy is so cool. pnc was one of the most fun ballparks i have been to.

Edited by lukeman89

QUOTE (lukeman89 @ Jul 22, 2008 -> 01:04 AM)
my favorite guy ever is this guy over at PNC who sells lemonade. in this old voice that sounds wayyy over used, he yells "lemonADE HEEEEEEEEre"

i just searched on youtube for "pnc lemonade" and he came up! man that guy is so cool. pnc was one of the most fun ballparks i have been to.

I went to PNC a few years ago and we saw that guy. He cracked us up, we got a video of him too!