Loss

whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Jul 20, 2008 -> 04:55 PM)
Loaiza's coming back!

I think Ozzie and KW will probably go with someone whose been here already... so we might see Haeger or Broadway. If Broadway wasn't doing bad I would give him the call. The thing about Haeger is he hasn't had much success starting up here in his limited time. We really have no good options right now.

Sorry, but Haeger had had only one start, back in May 2006 as a spot replacement for Contreras. All other appearances have been in relief.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 20, 2008 -> 04:12 PM)
Crede isn't guarding the line

That's getting to be a very common theme in close games that is just pissing me off!

Cox sends AJ

At the beginning of the year I was happy with this move (bringing in Cox)...but the guy is showing absolutely ZERO common sense out there at the worst times.

You can also say no pinch runner for AJ was stupid as well.

Not sure if I'd say that...but in hindsight.

Nothing like losing 2/3 at home to the Royals. :chair :chair

It is unacceptable...especially at home. I'm actually a little embarrassed.

It is unacceptable...especially at home. I'm actually a little embarrassed.

Except for Gobble, their bullpen has been pretty good, rivaling the best in baseball history (the Sox bullpen according to Joe). We were lucky to win two of three against them in KC last week. So six games and we split with them. Not good.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 20, 2008 -> 01:15 PM)
This pitching staff has hit the wall, and we face some terrific offense for the next few weeks.

Yep, starting with Texas tonight. Dotel is beginning to remind me of Javy. Despite his numbers, I just don't trust him.

QUOTE (tommy @ Jul 20, 2008 -> 01:13 PM)
I'm starting to think the sooner Twins overtake us, the sooner Kenny will make some moves, which clearly are NEEDED in the long run.

The non-waiver trading deadline is in 10 days and we're still in first place. I don't see Kenny conceding the division and holding a firesale between now and then.