7/20 Games

bighurt4life

Charlotte loses to Louisville 9-4

Getz has a good game going 3-3 with 2bb Wasserman got roughed up a bit, gave up 3er in 1IP

Birmingham loses to Montgomery 6-4

Brandon Allen had his first bad game in AA 0-4 with 2K

W-S had the day off

Kannapolis loses to Savannah 8-6

Escobar 2-5 with a 2B, Gallager 1-5 with his 8th hr

Great Falls loses to Ogden 5-0

GF team gets no runs despite getting 10 hits to Ogden's 6 hits. Gerst 2-5 with a 3B and 3K

Bristol loses to Kingsport 3-1

Silverio 1-2 with a BB and a K Lin goes 5IP, 1ER 1BB and 6K but gets the loss

Sox farm teams get the 0-fer today.

Random thoughts...

--Why is Po-Yu Lin still in Bristol? He put up good numbers in Bristol last year, and they are repeating him. His numbers are even better this year. I'm really surprised he isn't in Kanny.

--Wassermann's ERA is now over 1.00 for the first time this year in Charlotte.

--Dubler is not adjusting well at all - hitting .162

--Sergio Miranda had only 3 extra base hits in his first 136 at bats in Kanny this year (3 2B). He's now got 4 in his last 24 AB (3 2B, 1 HR). This is nice to see, as previously, he was a very light hitter, relying heavily on average and OBP. Hopefully this keeps up.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 21, 2008 -> 11:06 AM)
I don't think the Sox are very high on Lin. They signed him based on one thing and have never seen the pitcher that they signed (ie, his velocity disappeared from what it was over-seas).

Yeah, I know about the velocity loss last spring. But I guess I'm thinking... if you paid 300k for a guy, and he puts up decent numbers... even if you aren't high on him, don't you try to challenge him a bit? Push him off the fence (to good or bad)? I guess I have a different philosophy on these things. I'd like to see them send him up to Kanny some time this year and take a crack at it.