White Sox Mailbag gets the big LOL

knightni

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/artic...sp&c_id=cws

A lot of teams are picking up excellent starting pitchers like CC Sabathia, Rich Harden, and now Joe Blanton. Contreras has been off at times and we seem to have done well without Paul Konerko. I was thinking of a trade by sending those two over to the Los Angeles Angels for Jered Weaver. Your opinion?

-- Mike, Tinley Park, IL

Konerko has full no-trade rights, so he won't be going anywhere. The White Sox captain also will play an important role during the season's second half for Ozzie Guillen's crew, in my estimation. Contreras doesn't exactly have a great deal of trade value presently, and the Angels are not trading Weaver, especially not to one of their prime challengers. Most trades now will involve teams out of contention, looking for top young players in return.

Your idea in looking for another veteran starting pitcher is not a bad one, Mike. I asked Guillen yesterday if he could count on Contreras the rest of the way, as the White Sox need all five solid starters to succeed, without the presence of a clear-cut ace. Guillen said he could count on Jose if healthy, and believes he will bounce back from his recent rough stretch. I'm guessing the White Sox might try to hedge their bets a bit in this case.

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ Jul 22, 2008 -> 01:51 AM)
Why does mike have to be from tinley park?

At least your not named Mike and live in Tinley Park like I do. I have had 4 or 5 people already ask if that was me or not :lolhitting

BTW, that is NOT me

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 22, 2008 -> 09:12 AM)
The pitful part is that he answered the question.They probably gets thousands of questions in their mailbag,I would think they would want to pick the best questions.

That might tell you something about the ones they don't print. "Pujols for Fields!"