LOSS: Rangers 6-1 White Sox

justBLAZE

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 21, 2008 -> 09:20 PM)
This bullpen's been getting progressively worse. That's not good, especially when you couple that with Vazquez, Contreras, and Floyd getting progressively worse, too.

I was pleased with Javy's performance tonight, looks like he might be back on track.

Nice outing by Javy, who seems to have found the strike zone again (although it was so wide tonight that it would've been difficult to miss).

Too bad our 'pen is no longer lights-out and the lineup of zombies from last season has been making frequent appearances.

Man, the bullpen has been bad of late. Boone Logan is the latest arsonist. Sucks we got just one run tonight at home. The Royals rode their momentum from beating us 2 of 3 to trail at one point 19-0 tonight to Detroit. I can't believe we're already 1-3 since the break with all the games at home. That sucks.

good news....bears start camp tomorrow

seriously though...we're just in a mini rut...pitching has been lackluster, JD being dinged up wont help, but we will come out of this...most important thing over the long haul is that javy had a good bounce back outing...1 bad mistake on 2-0 to a helluva hitter

our pitching over all has been crap latley, we NEED to win these next 2. Look at the last 10 games vs the Royals and Rangers we have given up an average of 7.1 runs/ game. Most of those runs are via our bullpen. So yeah im starting to get a little concerned. Kenny make some phone calls please... i would say our pen is a bigger issue than our starters right now.

We need to do what the Royals did vs. us. Drop the opener and win the next two. A 2-4, 1-5 homestand is no way to start the second half. I know you gotta take 'em one at a time but this is no way to go into Detroit and Minnesota. Who'd have thunk it. We usually are a great home team.

The bottom of our order SUCKS right now. Not sure what the hell Swisher did with his stance/swing...but the dude was completely getting into the groove before the AS break....and he messes with it!?! Goddamn this team is frustrating. Note to Alexei....TIME. TO. FOCUS. AGAIN.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 21, 2008 -> 11:34 PM)
The more I watch, the more I'm convinced that OC is the catalyst for this team (either good or bad). I believe he's 0 for his last 16 or so, and he's trying to pull everything.

OC looked bad in the last couple of games, but I believe he can get out of the slump fast.

Great point about OC. I was thinking recently when we were winning that he was a pretty good leadoff hitter. In the games in KC, I think he walked to lead off the first two games. I didn't realize he was in such an oh-fer.

Edited by greg775

Yeah getting another arm for the pen should be a priority.

And I know fathom, you've said that we don't need another LHP, but Thornton and Logan have not been great lately, and if they don't turn it around, maybe KW might try to beef up that area.

But right now, getting another good arm in there should be KW's main aim. We've seen over the past couple of games what a bad bullpen can do to you, and we need to get that fixed.