7/23 - SOX vs. TEX, 1:05 pm, CSN

knightni

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 03:29 PM)
Carlos GIDP. Why weren't two fast runner in OC and Swish not running? Hit and run would be nice, but NOOOO!

When its 8-4 and a guy with 25 homers is at bat, I think you want to try and see if he can make it 8-7

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 03:29 PM)
Carlos GIDP. Why weren't two fast runner in OC and Swish not running? Hit and run would be nice, but NOOOO!

Hit-and-runs with two on, no out are very risky. Carlos has been swinging and missing more than not recently, add OC's not so great speed at second and you risk running yourself into the first out at third--an ultimate baseball no-no.

Man, to get the first two guys on and get a double from Dye and only one run means the gods of baseball are against us today. I'm out. Hopefully that will bring us good luck. Sloppy s***ty baseball game by the Sox today, but I'd still take a W.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 09:30 PM)
When its 8-4 and a guy with 25 homers is at bat, I think you want to try and see if he can make it 8-7

That's the problem. Waiting for the homer train. We need to be more aggressive then that

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 02:30 PM)
The same Gavin who has an ERA of 4.85 in his last 5 starts? What?

Javy Vazquez had a 4.84 ERA for the season in 2006, yet a lot were thrilled KW gave him $40 million. Maybe they should check KW's attic for duffel bags.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 02:30 PM)
You have to keep telling yourself that this team can rebound today and take this win with them to Kitty-Kat land

Obviously the last series there is a HUGE exception, but I think the Sox have played the Tigers well the last 2 years. Hopefully it is a veteran enough team to shake off this homestand and the last series and go give them hell