7/23 - SOX vs. TEX, 1:05 pm, CSN

knightni

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 03:37 PM)
Good thing we left one of the worst pitchers in baseball over the last week in to allow 2 insurance runs.

for a reliever to be one of the worst pitchers in baseball over the course of 1 week means absolutely nothing

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 04:36 PM)
The pitching match-ups IMO favor Detroit. Gavin has been semi-shakey, Verlander pitched very well last time out vs us and has pitched very well lately, and Miner's ERA is around 3.7. IMO, we have to win 1, and winning 2 or 3 is a bonus. In Minnesota, we have to win 2, 3, or 4.

I dont know though. Gavin always pitches well against Detroit and i'm really not scared of Miner. Plus we have Danks going one of the games.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 03:41 PM)
I dont know though. Gavin always pitches well against Detroit and i'm really not scared of Miner. Plus we have Danks going one of the games.

I totally forgot about Gavin's success against Detroit. Last year I believe he had 3 wins, his only 3 wins, all against the Tigers, and this year he almost no-hit them. Apologies.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 09:40 PM)
for a reliever to be one of the worst pitchers in baseball over the course of 1 week means absolutely nothing

Only wins and losses, but yeah nothing...Boone's now allowed at least one run in 6 straight outings.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 03:42 PM)
should have PH for Toby, bad move

I think it's cause Eddie's a leftie.

Our coaches never like to take out a catcher, I've picked up on that much.