Obama Tour

Jenksismyhero

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jul 24, 2008 -> 03:38 PM)
That much I agree with. McCain is a bumbling idiot, sort of like our current president. He's being outclassed badly. If he would just take a stance on what Obama's policies really means to the average American's pocketbook, he'd win. But, I'm not sure he has that in him.

I totally disagree that the man is a bumbling idiot. He would have have accomplished all he has if he was truly bumbling and an idiot.

I also disagree, although with slightly less enthusiasm, that he is being out"classed" badly. I think once the post convention campaign kicks off, he'll kick ass. This is just idling time. And depending on your definition of class, I believe he has led his life with a lot more class then most politicians. He was royally screwed in 2000 and stayed loyal to his party and the President. Even though he could have returned the screw job in 2004 and won the office for the Dems by joining Kerry's ticket.

He may be a lot of things, but an idiot and someone who could be outclassed, no way.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Texsox @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 11:53 AM)
I totally disagree that the man is a bumbling idiot. He would have have accomplished all he has if he was truly bumbling and an idiot.

I also disagree, although with slightly less enthusiasm, that he is being out"classed" badly. I think once the post convention campaign kicks off, he'll kick ass. This is just idling time. And depending on your definition of class, I believe he has led his life with a lot more class then most politicians. He was royally screwed in 2000 and stayed loyal to his party and the President. Even though he could have returned the screw job in 2004 and won the office for the Dems by joining Kerry's ticket.

He may be a lot of things, but an idiot and someone who could be outclassed, no way.

Speaking of class, many people are of the opinion that he was not very classy when he dumped his first wife for a millionaire.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 01:03 PM)
Speaking of class, many people are of the opinion that he was not very classy when he dumped his first wife for a millionaire.

you mean his disabled wife for a hot young rich co-ed?

McCain Divorce Account Contradicts Court Documents

In his 2002 memoir, "Worth the Fighting For," McCain wrote that he had separated from Carol before he began dating Hensley.

An examination of court documents tells a different story. McCain did not sue his wife for divorce until Feb. 19, 1980, and he wrote in his court petition that he and his wife had "cohabited" until Jan. 7 of that year -- or for the first nine months of his relationship with Hensley.

Although McCain suggested in his autobiography that months passed between his divorce and remarriage, the divorce was granted April 2, 1980, and he wed Hensley in a private ceremony five weeks later. McCain obtained an Arizona marriage license on March 6, 1980, while still legally married to his first wife.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Texsox @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 12:53 PM)

I could be wrong, but when Kap said "outclassed", I think he had a different definition than you. Not class, as in, classy. Class, as in, rank. Outclassed, in that connotation, meaning the opponent is beating the pants off you at whatever game you are playing.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 01:10 PM)
I could be wrong, but when Kap said "outclassed", I think he had a different definition than you. Not class, as in, classy. Class, as in, rank. Outclassed, in that connotation, meaning the opponent is beating the pants off you at whatever game you are playing.

After rereading, I agree.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 01:10 PM)

Right. Right now, McCain *is* being outclassed.

Heard a funny joke today:

"So did you hear about Obama's trip to the Middle East? Apparently he visited the manger where he was born."

In all seriousness though, it's pretty obvious that McCain is being "outclassed." But how much that has to do with the "skill" of his campaign, and how much that has to do with peoples excitement of anyone who's not an old white man, coupled with the fact that he's a very charasmatic and well spoken guy, is a tougher call. Kudos to them though for putting together the tour. So far it's gone off without issue.

How do you know a person? What they write when they dont expect anyone to see it:

Israeli paper publishes Obama Western Wall prayer

"Lord — Protect my family and me. Forgive me my sins, and help me guard against pride and despair. Give me the wisdom to do what is right and just. And make me an instrument of your will."

art.obamaprayer.ap.jpg

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 06:15 PM)
How do you know a person? What they write when they dont expect anyone to see it:

Israeli paper publishes Obama Western Wall prayer

"Lord — Protect my family and me. Forgive me my sins, and help me guard against pride and despair. Give me the wisdom to do what is right and just. And make me an instrument of your will."

art.obamaprayer.ap.jpg

This offends the hell out of me.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 09:28 PM)
The fact that someone took his paper out of the wall and it wound up in the hands of the press. Some things I just don't want to see.

yea, I am in agreement that.

The paper's decision to make the note public drew fire. The rabbi in charge of the Western Wall, Shmuel Rabinovitz, said publishing the note intruded in Obama's relationship with God.

"The notes placed between the stones of the Western Wall are between a person and his maker. It is forbidden to read them or make any use of them....The publication damages the Western Wall and damages the personal, deep part of every one of us that we keep to ourselves,"

AMEN!

for the record, it was given to a number of Israeli papers and only one decided to post it. Unfortunately, it seems that paper is only getting rewarded now that it's being picked up by a bunch of people.

A student grabbed it out of the wall after Obama placed it in there.

edited for clarification.

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 09:06 PM)
Wow. This is absolutely terrible journalistic debauchery, right here. Obama nor any other human being should never, ever be subject to this sort of travesty.

yea. some things are not meant to be impeded on. Prayer is one of those things. Ones health is another. (although, i would argue that if you are running to be president, the people have right to know you can do the job). but prayer is not something we need to know.

I also want to be clear that the only reason I posed this was because "the cat was out of the bag" already.

How soon until someone claims that Obama paid the student to take it out of the wall and send it to newspapers?

Wait, I guess that is me. 10:53 PM Central

I'm cynical all the time. Too good of a prayer. He is at least smart enough to know it may be published. Notice he didn't say pray for my illegitimate children or rid me of my cocain addiction.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 09:47 PM)
How soon until someone claims that Obama paid the student to take it out of the wall and send it to newspapers?

Wait, I guess that is me. 10:53 PM Central

I'm cynical all the time. Too good of a prayer. He is at least smart enough to know it may be published. Notice he didn't say pray for my illegitimate children or rid me of my cocain addiction.

I was actually going to say something along the same lines, but more like "He knew SOMEONE would take it out and make it public".

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 04:19 AM)
yea. some things are not meant to be impeded on. Prayer is one of those things. Ones health is another. (although, i would argue that if you are running to be president, the people have right to know you can do the job). but prayer is not something we need to know.

I also want to be clear that the only reason I posed this was because "the cat was out of the bag" already.

no offense, but you are sort of perpetuating the righteousness of the paper by posting it again. It proves that people want to know what he said despite private privileges.

And I'll acknowledge right now that righteousness is not the word I'm looking for.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 12:09 AM)
I was actually going to say something along the same lines, but more like "He knew SOMEONE would take it out and make it public".

So then would it have been better if he wrote "HA HA, I knew you'd print this!"

Just because he suspected someone would take it out and make it public doesn't make it anymore of anyone's business.