Linebrink on DL, Wassermann Called Up

Heads22

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chet Lemon @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 07:13 AM)
If Linebrink is DL'd and nobody is immediately brought in via trade, then I would like to see Childers get a shot, at least temporarily. I know his track record has not been good, but it is hard to argue against a 0.74 WHIP over 43.1 IP.

He'd be my pick. Look how well Wise has done since given a chance, was he on the 40 man roster? Jason has an ERA of 1.25, 10 BB and 38Ks.

childers.jpg

QUOTE (WSoxMatt @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 09:33 AM)
We seemed to do OK when Hermie went down in '05, I have no doubt someone will step up in Liney's place!

The White Sox had Jenks to fill in. Wassermann is no Jenks. Wassermann, Carrasco and Massett late in games is starting to resemble the bullpens of 2006,2007. I'm sure KW's cell phone use is very high right now.

QUOTE (Chet Lemon @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 07:13 AM)
If Linebrink is DL'd and nobody is immediately brought in via trade, then I would like to see Childers get a shot, at least temporarily. I know his track record has not been good, but it is hard to argue against a 0.74 WHIP over 43.1 IP.

Childers' numbers at Charlotte look impressive, but I don't think he has the stuff to get out major league hitters.

Edited by scenario

Thorton will also miss some time due to his back troubles. That leaves us with Dotel in the 8th, Jenks in the 9th. What worries me is the 6th and 7th innings. With the way Logan has been pitching and the uncertainty of Massett we need KW to make that phone call asap! The 2 teams that come to mind are Baltamore and Oakland.

Oakland has Street/ Duchsherer, Baltamore has D. Cabrera/ Sherill. I would love for KW to kill 2 birds with one stone, even if that one stone means many mini pebbles from our farm system.

QUOTE (tommy @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 12:38 PM)
inflammation of the posterior of his right shoulder - does anyone know if that's serious or will he be back in 15 days throwing strikes?

if its just inflammation then its good news

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 01:09 PM)
Why Wassermann, was Russell bad?

thats what i was wondering...he had two rough outings where he gave up 2 runs (and some inherited runners iirc) but its not like masset/logan were any better in those games....and i thought he was solid before that..frankly i thought the guy was a better option than nick

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 07:15 PM)
thats what i was wondering...he had two rough outings where he gave up 2 runs (and some inherited runners iirc) but its not like masset/logan were any better in those games....and i thought he was solid before that..frankly i thought the guy was a better option than nick

I wasn't impressed with Erin this year, but maybe time at AAA has gotten him back on track

QUOTE (tommy @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 01:46 PM)
Wassermann, 27, is 1-0 with a 1.67 ERA in 24 games with Charlotte this season.
Wasserman for a while was lights out pitching to right hand batters.. and didn't prove much last time in the bigs.. Ozzie likes his relievers now to go at least an inning.. Childers has shown at least this season that he can at least pitch to both righties and lefties with an equal amount of success. I hope Wasserman can be lights out again.

QUOTE (forrestg @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 03:10 PM)
Wasserman for a while was lights out pitching to right hand batters.. and didn't prove much last time in the bigs.. Ozzie likes his relievers now to go at least an inning.. Childers has shown at least this season that he can at least pitch to both righties and lefties with an equal amount of success. I hope Wasserman can be lights out again.

For me Ehren was one of the brightest poins last year (and there wasn't many) yet this year he's sporting ERA of 14.+ !?

Maybe he can turn it around.

Yeah, Wasserman is good in triple A, but just can't seem to get over the hump in the Big Show this year. Let's hope his luck has changed. I'd like to know why they didn't bring Russell back up. Not sure why they didn't use him more often when he was up. I'm gonna miss old man Linebrink, but I'm glad that it looks like injury is the cause for his decline in pitching rather than just sucking inexplicably (I'm looking at you Nick Massett).

QUOTE (tommy @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 11:38 AM)
inflammation of the posterior of his right shoulder - does anyone know if that's serious or will he be back in 15 days throwing strikes?

I assume the inflammation is in the rotator cuff. That's usually where it is. If that's the case it is a waste basket term for "well there's a problem but we can't pin point it."

MR scans will show any fluid as white. It can find a large tear in the rotator cuff but not small ones or undersurface ones. The MR probably showed a little fluid and that's why they are saying inflammation. It's a good sign in that nothing major was found. Hopefully, he'll get this break and not have one of his post-ASB disasters.

i haven't heard anything definite so I'm betting that's what it is. 15 days should calm down the inflammation. He will then need to work back some strength.