7/26 - SOX @ DET 6:05 PM CDT, CSN

knightni

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wub OC. If the Sox resigned him I'd get his jersey in a heartbeat. He's the epitome of a "baseball player".

You just can't get over former Angels, can you?

Wasn't the same bulls*** said about one of your faves from last year? Erstad.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 08:51 PM)
KC.

He should be alright as long as he throws strikes and attacks hitters.. Last year he started nibbling and nibbling.

He's certainly not nibbling tonight.

Having said that, he needs to start skipping starts pretty soon, preferably as soon as we're done with this set against divisional opponents.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 08:52 PM)
You just can't get over former Angels, can you?

Wasn't the same bulls*** said about one of your faves from last year? Erstad.

Erstad sucks and should never have been starting for this team since he is a walking injury, whereas OC does not. Why Ozzie fell in love with Erstad and made him a starter is beyond me. That was Anderson's job all the way, he outplayed Erstad in ST, and Erstad would've been an ideal 4th OF.

Edited by lostfan

OC appears to be real lackadasical in the field and will do anything to avoid contact around the bad to a point where plays are not being made. The DP error yesterday was a good examplae but the throw by Dye was on the bag but he was no where near it and therefore couldn't apply the tag same thign with steals. He just seems real inconsistent in the field.

Offensively for the most part he is doing a great job batting out of a slot that he was not used to.

Thome hitting the ball is huge in that it forcing teams ot go after Dye who is hitting and therby also allowing Q to see good pitches.

Anderson should replace Wise when a leftie comes in the game. He should also be out there for defensive purposes.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 05:57 PM)
Gammons just reported that the reason the Indians were able to get as good of prospect as Santana for Blake is because the Indians are assuming most of Blake's contract. He said a few GMs think the Dodgers may be having cash flow problems.

Could swear I've read something along those lines in teh LAT or somewhere similar recently.

Cabrera has been excellent in the field this year, the defensive metrics confirm that. God damn Maggs.

Defensive metrics are shaky at best, and Cabrera was brutal back in April. Did Cabrera call any of the statiticians to adjust some of those numbers?

Erstad sucks and should never have been starting for this team since he is a walking injury, whereas OC does not. Why Ozzie fell in love with Erstad and made him a starter is beyond me. That was Anderson's job all the way, he outplayed Erstad in ST, and Erstad would've been an ideal 4th OF.

Darin Erstad 7/26/07: .264/.311/.341

Orlando Cabrera 7/26/08: .268/.328/.355

To think, all we gave up was a starting pitcher and $8 million for this selfish player. If the Sox can get something at the deadline that they feel can help them more this year than the possibility of two draft picks (I'm hoping and assuming Cabrera rejects an arbitration offer,) I say they go for it.