WINNER

whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 08:10 PM)
Tomorrow is absolutely HUGE, a win and Detroit will fall to 9 back in the loss column.

Was happy to see it is Zach Miner. Thought it maybe Rogers. If Leyland was panicking, he would move Kenny up a day.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 09:16 PM)
27 HR, 78 RBI, 73 R, .282/.384/.556/.940 - 3

23 HR, 64 RBI, 64 R, .314/.371/.575/.946 - 4

19 HR, 57 RBI, 55 R, .257/.385/.511/.896 - 5

Reminds me of KW's quote in the WS DVD- "we needed guys who can pitch it", and then they show Jose, "we needed guys who could catch it", then they show AJ, "a little speed" and they show Gooch, "and we need a little power" and they show PK and Carl.

Now Dansky can fill in for Jose, Alexei can fill in for Gooch, and Quentin can fill in for PK and Carl.

:gosox3:

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 10:19 PM)
Reminds me of KW's quote in the WS DVD- "we needed guys who can pitch it", and then they show Jose, "we needed guys who could catch it", then they show AJ, "a little speed" and they show Gooch, "and we need a little power" and they show PK and Carl.

Now Dansky can fill in for Jose, Alexei can fill in for Gooch, and Quentin can fill in for PK and Carl.

:gosox3:

Jermaine Dye asks why you don't love him?

The 10-2 win over Texas last week might have been our only pretty win in the last month or so, but we're winning ugly and finding ways to get it done. We've seen the last two nights while Detroit is scary (their lineup) but also why we are much better than them (our pitching, even in it's battered state, is better than theirs) and finally why we should win this division (the offense is solid to go with the pitching, which generally is good). Great win, let's sweep their asses tomorrow.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 11:05 PM)
Sox now 21-2 against the Tigers when Dye homers.

That stat is ludicrous if only because of the total number of times Dye has homered against them. He hasn't been with us THAT long, christ!

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 10:26 PM)
That stat is ludicrous if only because of the total number of times Dye has homered against them. He hasn't been with us THAT long, christ!

I agree, someone should research that. It's not impossible, but not probable either.

I could be wrong, but I thought I the stat (Hawk mentioned it on the broadcast tonight) was that the Sox were 21-2 against the Tigers when a Sox player (anyone) hit a homerun.

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 27, 2008 -> 01:17 AM)
I could be wrong, but I thought I the stat (Hawk mentioned it on the broadcast tonight) was that the Sox were 21-2 against the Tigers when a Sox player (anyone) hit a homerun.

I have a hard time believing the Sox have only hit a HR against the Tigers in 23 games all-time.

Anyways, Dye has been with us 3 full seasons and over 1/2 this season. He played 16 vs DET in 05 (4 HR), 19 in 06 (8 HR), 13 in 07 (2 HR), and 11 so far against them in 08 (3 HR).

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 27, 2008 -> 01:09 AM)
I agree, someone should research that. It's not impossible, but not probable either.

Using Baseball Reference I get the following.

As a White Sox, JD has played 59 games against Detroit, all starts.

He has hit 17 HR, including last night. On Aug 24, 2006 he hit 2. So he has HR'd in 16 games.

The White Sox are 14-2 in those games.