Manny Ramirez

iamshack

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 01:38 PM)
Good morning and welcome to the "Manny to the Dodgers" thread!

That is what you get for multiple tabs open at the same time. I almost did it twice, posting about the Pirates in the Griffey thread.

Edited by RME JICO

Wow. All these years- when I think of the Sawx, I think of Manny. B****ed in an attempt to get out of Boston before 2004, it never happened. After he won that title and another last year, I thought he'd be a Sawck for life. Good luck to Manny in LA. D-Backs- THEY GONE!

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 12:38 PM)
So the Pirates traded Nady, Marte and Bay for a slew of minor leaguers. And they'll trade these guys in 3 years for more more kids. Typical of the Pirates.

Well, they at least got a decent haul to build from. If they were to also draft well as well as developing these guys, then they could easily put themselves in a Rays like position in 3 years or so. But those are all big "If"s. Pittsburgh's drafts always seem to completely implode, don't they?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 03:45 PM)
Well, they at least got a decent haul to build from. If they were to also draft well as well as developing these guys, then they could easily put themselves in a Rays like position in 3 years or so. But those are all big "If"s. Pittsburgh's drafts always seem to completely implode, don't they?

Yes.

1999 - Took Bobby Bradley 8th, and Zito went 9th, Sheets went 10th

2000 - Sean Burnett, injuries killed his buzz

2001 - Vanbenshotten, and these names where still around after he was selected Youkilis, Bonderman, Wright, Crosby, Ryan Howard.

2002 - #1 pick was Bullington, ahead of Upton, Fielder, Francis, Swisher, Blanton, Kazmir, Francoeur, Hamels, Cain

2003 - Maholm

screw the rest, they suck

QUOTE (Nokona @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 03:46 PM)
Who else can't wait to watch Manny in LF in Dodger Stadium. Oh man it's going to be hilarious

how about Torre managing him .. hah thats something

Pittsburgh sure got a lot of prospects over the past few days.

It's good to see Huntington actually making some moves though, unlike the previous GM Dave Littlefield, who just well, did nothing at all.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 12:55 PM)
The Dodgers have sixty million doller defenseless outfield in Manny, Pierre and Jones.

I can't imagine Kemp won't be seeing regular time still even after this, for both defense and the fact that he's hitting better than either of the money guys.

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 03:51 PM)
Yes.

1999 - Took Bobby Bradley 8th, and Zito went 9th, Sheets went 10th

2000 - Sean Burnett, injuries killed his buzz

2001 - Vanbenshotten, and these names where still around after he was selected Youkilis, Bonderman, Wright, Crosby, Ryan Howard.

2002 - #1 pick was Bullington, ahead of Upton, Fielder, Francis, Swisher, Blanton, Kazmir, Francoeur, Hamels, Cain

2003 - Maholm

screw the rest, they suck

I think Alvarez breaks that trend.