Road Trippin' this week

santo=dorf

I've been to both places. Minny in '01, KC at the end of '03 (RIP JM). Minny, you got the Mall of America, which might be of some interest. When I was in KC, on Saturday I did a day trip over to the Negro League Hall of Fame and Jazz Museum, which are both well worth your time. Then afterwards I took a short walk to Arthur Bryants for some serious Kansas City barbeque. Good times.

That is awesome, I have never been to away Sox game but would definitely consider doing it.

Are you driving? How much is all this costing you if you don't mind me asking?

Minneapolis is directly north of me, and KC is directly south. The GF and I are going up to Minny together and the hotel was about $120 a night. She's going to pick up the gas tab and the tickets are free thanks to a contact in the Twins organization. Tuesday afternoon I'm going to Apple Valley to see The Dark Knight at the IMAX.

Some of my family members are going to meet me back at my place Thursday night, and then we're headed south when my roommate gets off work around 3:00. For hotel, gas and tickets, it's about $250 a person.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 27, 2008 -> 10:23 PM)
I'm a Gates man myself.
Gates gets it done too, but for convenience sake, if you're over by the Negro League Hall, Bryants can't be beat. I liked the old school atmosphere of their dining room - complete with those retro-style cigarette machines you used to see in bars everywhere.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jul 27, 2008 -> 10:30 PM)
Minneapolis is directly north of me, and KC is directly south. The GF and I are going up to Minny together and the hotel was about $120 a night. She's going to pick up the gas tab and the tickets are free thanks to a contact in the Twins organization. Tuesday afternoon I'm going to Apple Valley to see The Dark Knight at the IMAX.

Some of my family members are going to meet me back at my place Thursday night, and then we're headed south when my roommate gets off work around 3:00. For hotel, gas and tickets, it's about $250 a person.

Sounds good, I didn't notice that you live in Iowa. Thanks for the input, road trip is in my plans before season ends.