Sox @ Twins 7-28

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 08:41 PM)
What the f*** is QUentin doing?????? Seen 3 pitches.

Also the Sox have 4 infield pop outs, 2 grounders that didn't make past he mound and 1 K against a guy that barely hits 90.

He must be related to Joe Mays.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 02:34 AM)
Wow, a guy with 6 career steals whose biggest offensive weapon is a walk. Face it, if Konerko or Thome performed the exact same way Swisher has, the vultures would be calling for their releases. For some reason Swisher gets a huge pass on this board, just like Vazquez, although the tide is starting to turn on Javy.

I agree both have been terrible, but Swish has still been much better Kong. Swish has scored a respectable 13 runs this month, so obviously the walks do mean something. Konerko is just epically bad right now.

QUOTE (FranktheTank35 @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 06:46 PM)
Wasserman in to put the game out of reach...

but seriously, I hope he does well. This is the perfect situation for him to gain some confidence. No pressure, just pitch.

i don't think this game is out of reach, personally. I think we just have to string two of those hits together.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 09:47 PM)
BTW, great job by Ozzie pulling Buehrle. I'm proud of you Ozzie.

Every now and again, when he pulls the 8 ball out of his ass, it gives him the correct course of action.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 01:48 AM)
i don't think this game is out of reach, personally. I think we just have to string two of those hits together.

They have my runner-up for the Cy Young award at the back of their bullpen though.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 08:46 PM)
Probably tonight. If you'd have posted that in several other games of late, you'd have looked like a fool.

there's a reason why some of us don't post "Game over" when we're facing teams like the tigers or rangers, teams that have basically no pitching whatsoever. and the tigers don't have a dominating homefield advantage like the twins do

what a pointless post you made.

I said earlier in this thread that Slowey would simply let the Sox get themselves out which thee are really adept at doing and they'd be lucky to score more than 2 runs.

Not expecting anything from Richard tomorrow as the Twins will simply use the same approach as they did today and tick away at him.

QUOTE (FranktheTank35 @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 08:46 PM)
Wasserman in to put the game out of reach...

but seriously, I hope he does well. This is the perfect situation for him to gain some confidence. No pressure, just pitch.

1-2-3 for ehren, though he was having obvious command problems.