Sox @ Twins 7-28

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 06:49 PM)
They have my runner-up for the Cy Young award at the back of their bullpen though.

i don't think the sox have ever come back against him. we finally got to Todd Jones (I know, two very different closers), but maybe the worm has turned.

what a pointless post you made.

I'm just saying, if you say "Game Over" in the fifth, man up and ban yourself for a week if the Sox come back to win. Yeah tonight they probably are toast, but it's stupid to say it's over in the fourth or fifth inning of any game.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 01:52 AM)
i don't think the sox have ever come back against him. we finally got to Todd Jones (I know, two very different closers), but maybe the worm has turned.

Jermaine Dye homered off of him to tie it, but we eventually lost.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 01:54 AM)
Our hitters swing at 0-2 pitches too much, anyone else notice this? Intelligent hitters know 9 times out of 10, an 0-2 pitch is a throw away pitch, but we go up there hacking

I think it's worse when our hitters constantly chase 3-2 offspeed pitches. CQ is great at this, but everyone else seems to get fooled.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 08:52 PM)
I'm just saying, if you say "Game Over" in the fifth, man up and ban yourself for a week if the Sox come back to win. Yeah tonight they probably are toast, but it's stupid to say it's over in the fourth or fifth inning of any game.

I disagree. There are games where you can get a pretty good indication of how the game's going to go by the 4th or 5th. This was one of those games.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 08:54 PM)
STFU Hawk about the umpiring. Game was over when Mournau's homer went over the fence.

Nice Ab Paulie.

I got Twins feed, so how is Hawk b****ing about the umps costing us this game? They made one bad call but could of been erased if Alexei didn't screw up the DP.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 02:55 AM)
Have the Brewers on MLB anyone know if Hart gave himself up to guarantee the run?

Hall with a single would have made it 4-2. Maybe I should flip the cubs on as I have not brought the Sox any luck.

Actually, if Lee didn't cut it off, Fielder was out at home. Hart was safe anyways, bad call by the ump.