Sox @ Twins 7-28

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 07:55 PM)
Have the Brewers on MLB anyone know if Hart gave himself up to guarantee the run?

Hall with a single would have made it 4-2. Maybe I should flip the cubs on as I have not brought the Sox any luck.

I don't know about that. I think Prince was friggin dead at the plate. Soto was pissed it was cut. Fielder was running all the way from 1st...and subsequently needed oxygen in the dugout. He almost passes out hitting a double. That's what I did...switched it over. Got sick of watching this s***.....

If this team comes out tomorrow and craps the bed again...Ozzie BETTER go off on 'em.

Game's not over guys, only a fool would say Game Over when there's clearly 2 innings left!!

Whatever ... if you've only predicted Game Over tonight, then I salute you. I'm saying a lot of people say Game Over in the fourth or fifth and we wind up winning. Congratulations. You probably were right tonight.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 08:56 PM)
I got Twins feed, so how is Hawk b****ing about the umps costing us this game? They made one bad call but could of been erased if Alexei didn't screw up the DP.

He's not b****ing about it costing us the game but he is going on and on about that 5th run. Games was basically over at that point anyway.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 07:56 PM)
Actually, if Lee didn't cut it off, Fielder was out at home. Hart was safe anyways, bad call by the ump.

Thanks, don't tell Hawk about the umpire. Did Lou come out and thank the ump?

Also in response to the thought of the game being over in the 4th. Earlier in the season the pitching would keep the team in the game. Recently this has not been the case and thereby the offense has not been able to get back into it. Thsi offense is pretty predictable especially lately.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 09:01 PM)

Also in response to the thought of the game being over in the 4th. Earlier in the season the pitching would keep the team in the game. Recently this has not been the case and thereby the offense has not been able to get back into it. Thsi offense is pretty predictable especially lately.

With the exception of yesterday and today, we have been swinging the bats pretty well.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 02:01 AM)

Rickie Weeks pathetic defense opens the door for the Cubs in the 7th.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 08:58 PM)
I don't know about that. I think Prince was friggin dead at the plate. Soto was pissed it was cut. Fielder was running all the way from 1st...and subsequently needed oxygen in the dugout. He almost passes out hitting a double. That's what I did...switched it over. Got sick of watching this s***.....

If this team comes out tomorrow and craps the bed again...Ozzie BETTER go off on 'em.

How are you even expecting them to win with Richard pitching tomorrow? That's kind of unrealistic right now. I'd be surprised if they didn't crap the bed.

That's why this was such a huge game; the matchup favored us and we s*** down our leg from Buehrle on down.

But if they do lose tomorrow, I think it's KW's turn to do something. Not much Ozzie can do when pitching gives you basically no chance to win.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 08:56 PM)
I disagree. There are games where you can get a pretty good indication of how the game's going to go by the 4th or 5th. This was one of those games.

Like the game CQ homered against Wilson vs Texas? Or like the 1st 2 games of the Tigers series this weekend. Yeah. You're right.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 09:03 PM)
How are you even expecting them to win with Richard pitching tomorrow? That's kind of unrealistic right now. I'd be surprised if they didn't crap the bed.

That's why this was such a huge game; the matchup favored us and we s*** down our leg from Buehrle on down.

But if they do lose tomorrow, I think it's KW's turn to do something. Not much Ozzie can do when pitching gives you basically no chance to win.

Ah yes. "Something." There is nothing to do.

I am not an alarmist but I wouldn't argue with your comment there. Change isn't all bad. Kudos to the Brewers for getting a big deal done a week or so BEFORE the deadline.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 09:07 PM)
Our old friend Doug Eddings is being quite friendly to the Cubs tonight. Two blown calls at 3rd base.

Looked like Cedeno's hand was on Hall's foot and not the bag.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 10:08 AM)
Unfortunately, Joe Nathan is a man god while CJ Wilson and Todd Jones are not.

Thats why we need to score some runs now in the 8th inning, and hope for the best.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 09:04 PM)
Like the game CQ homered against Wilson vs Texas? Or like the 1st 2 games of the Tigers series this weekend. Yeah. You're right.

Still thinking this is a win, right?

Maybe you can explain to me how you think the Sox have a better starting staff than the Brewers?