Sox @ Twins 7-28

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 08:16 PM)
So Reed Johnson has one of the most illegal slides you'll ever see, and there's no interference call. He didn't even slide until past the base, and he hit Weeks well above the knees. I hate that steroid bastard.

Yes but it was a nice hard borderline legal slide in my opinion. Those things help win ballgames like tonight.

Also CC threw about 35 pitches that inning.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shawnhillegas @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 09:19 PM)
He also doesn't walk people, and generally throws strikes early. So instead of attacking, we will have Fields, Ramirez, Thome and Pierzynski swinging with two strikes, which always ends poorly.

Ramirez for all of his swinging doesnt K a ton. They get to 2 strikes anyways because they are swinging super hard and foul it off.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 02:22 AM)
Hawk's the only person in baseball who thinks Gomez is this much of a catalyst. Casilla's been much more instrumental for the Twins success over the past few months.

The simple reason for that is because Gomez owns us.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 03:26 AM)
It's now a normal 3 game series. The Sox need to win 2 of 3, just like they did in Detroit.

It can be done, and I expect it.

Unfortunately we probably blew our best chance to win tonight, and got killed while doing so. Tomorrow we got Richard going...so yeah, this series isn't exactly setting up well in the least bit, but we shall see

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 09:26 PM)
It's now a normal 3 game series. The Sox need to win 2 of 3, just like they did in Detroit.

It can be done, and I expect it.

I'd be happy with 1 at this point. Still, I thought we'd 3 from Tigers/Twins so getting 1 here won't be too bad. I'm just left hoping KW can somehow magically acquire another SP before Thursday.

On paper, tonight's game was the one I felt most confident about. This was an important game and we blew it big time.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 08:27 PM)
Unfortunately we probably blew our best chance to win tonight, and got killed while doing so. Tomorrow we got Richard going...so yeah, this series isn't exactly setting up well in the least bit, but we shall see

I'm not totally down on Richard. Defense could of picked him up a bit and gave up some 2 out runs. Cut down on that mixed with the Twins not nearly being as good offensively as Texas, and he could give us a shot.