And That's A White Sox Loser

Flash Tizzle

and before anyone complains about a Jekyll and Hyde offense, there was no offensive philosophy the White Sox could have instilled that was going to win with the way they executed tonight. Slowey's command was fantastic, but the lineup just looked like absolute s***. Alexei played like a rookie in the field (he is, so it's expected now and then). Buehrle left a couple pitches out to be crushed. It happens.

Forget about the loss and go back out tomorrow and actually score some runs.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 09:46 PM)
and before anyone complains about a Jekyll and Hyde offense, there was no offensive philosophy the White Sox could have instilled that was going to win with the way they executed tonight. Slowey's command was fantastic, but the lineup just looked like absolute s***. Alexei played like a rookie in the field (he is, so it's expected now and then). Buehrle left a couple pitches out to be crushed. It happens.

Forget about the loss and go back out tomorrow and actually score some runs.

Gonna need a lot more than just "some" runs tomorrow.

It definitely couldn't have been a worse start to the series barring somebody getting hurt. Offense has been doing well and we can't get a run off Slowey?? Mark stunk by Mark's standards. They kicked our ass. Team has stunk before and come back. It might be a wise idea to get down and dirty the rest of the series if we hope to get a 2-2 split. Wonder how Oz will react to that awful baseball game.

Twins are amazing. Yankees beat the s*** out of them and they don't quit. They win last 2 vs. Cleveland and now kick our ass and get the upper hand with 3 games left in the series.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 08:57 PM)
It definitely couldn't have been a worse start to the series barring somebody getting hurt. Offense has been doing well and we can't get a run off Slowey?? Mark stunk by Mark's standards. They kicked our ass. Team has stunk before and come back. It might be a wise idea to get down and dirty the rest of the series if we hope to get a 2-2 split. Wonder how Oz will react to that awful baseball game.

Twins are amazing. Yankees beat the s*** out of them and they don't quit. They win last 2 vs. Cleveland and now kick our ass and get the upper hand with 3 games left in the series.

Like sunrise and sunset, shifting of the tides, changing of the seasons, the Sox sh*itting their pants in MN during the 2nd half, some things are just a lock to happen.

This is now 4 straight seasons they'll take a nosedive after the ASB, the worst of all being 2005, blowing a 15 game lead save for a single homerun by Crede. As much as it kills me every year, with the race this close, this team has exactly a 1% chance of winning this division from MN....once again guys no one in the country have ever heard of become instant reliable superstars, they're just a superior organization, on bare bones budget and loss of every star they breed, they still snatch titles from the 110 and 130M dollar teams like ours and the Tigers. I'm now reaching the point of rooting against them as a defense mechanism for the nights and weeks of disappointment. With the money MB, JC, JV, are making it's an absolute crime to not be wiping the floor with their staff.

Yep our defense has been brutal. Our SP has been below average at best and guys we used to count on in the pen (Logan and Massett) we cant count on anymore. KW needs to make some moves..... but unfortanatley he probably wont. We will be lucky to win one this series.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 03:37 AM)
Buehrle and the offense sure stepped up tonight. Nice beginning to this four game set.

Oh, but lets not take anything away from Slowey. I mean, I'm sure we'll see CG shutouts under his name for MANY future starts. hahahahahah

It is embarassing as you said. In fact I heard a game analysis earlier where the announcer said Slowey couldn't buy a strike out if he had a million bucks. But, I guess a shut out he can buy.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 08:46 PM)
there was no offensive philosophy the White Sox could have instilled that was going to win with the way they executed tonight.

What?!?!...that sounds almost Yogi Berraish. They're philosophy was to go up there and swing at the first pitch with no disciplin and no patience. Bottom line is this team came out very flat tonight. And you wanna know another thing I'm sick of that doesn't help....I'm sick of Ozzie and Hawk and everybody pretty much sucking the Twins Twinkies. Every time these two open their mouth you'd think they were the reincarnation of the 36 Yankees or something. ENOUGH ALREADY. You don't think when your own team continues to hear this s*** it doesn't almost give them a defeatist attitude?!? Hell...no wonder the Sox always play like s*** against the Twins...it's because they're getting it ingrained the the TWINS ARE THE GREATEST! F@#$ THAT!!! I don't expect Konerko to change his spots or anything...he has the killer instict of a cold sore...but guys like Quentin, Swish, OC...the new blood...come on...get on it.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 01:44 AM)
And you wanna know another thing I'm sick of that doesn't help....I'm sick of Ozzie and Hawk and everybody pretty much sucking the Twins Twinkies. Every time these two open their mouth you'd think they were the reincarnation of the 36 Yankees or something. ENOUGH ALREADY. You don't think when your own team continues to hear this s*** it doesn't almost give them a defeatist attitude?!? Hell...no wonder the Sox always play like s*** against the Twins...it's because they're getting it ingrained the the TWINS ARE THE GREATEST! F@#$ THAT!!! I don't expect Konerko to change his spots or anything...he has the killer instict of a cold sore...but guys like Quentin, Swish, OC...the new blood...come on...get on it.

I'm tired of this Twins slurping as well. It was practically the same for every Santana start. I'm certain Konerko isn't bald from genetics but tipping his cap after every Joe Mays/Santana victory. And it was even worst around here that people just basically did the virtual equivalent of shrugging their shoulders. You face a guy 12 times over three f***ing years with the same players basically in the lineup, and I don't care if he's Cy Young incarnated you should develop a strategy for defeating him.

If I had one example of needless love for Minnesota it was during a series at the Cell earlier in the year when Konerko hit a ball to center, Gomez had a terrible read, and it sailed on him. Hawk went on as if he was making an excuse for Gomez, suggesting the ball knuckled more than any other he had ever seen. My f***ing ass. Then he proceeded to reference it for the next week! It was almost as if he couldn't stand someone on the Twins looking like an idiot.