White Sox vs. Twins

Heads22

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (aboz56 @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 08:37 PM)
I know I hardly post anymore, but having to watch this and hear Dick Bremer on the call is painful.

Oh he is terrible, people talk about how big of a homer Hawk is, if the Twins had a nation wide station like WGN they'd be up in arms with Dick Bremer.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 01:38 AM)
That's too obvious. I really question our catchers back there sometimes.

Check out the runs allowed in Toby's starts in the last 10 games or so he's caught. He's absolutely atrocious back there.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 08:38 PM)
Unless he was playing on the track, he had no chance. For the life of me, I can't believe we had Thornton warming up and didn't bring him in.

From the one angle CSN showed it almost appeared as if Dye whiffed on the ball. I'd have to see it again. He's a terrible fielder whether or not he had a chance on this play. Can't move worth a s***.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 08:37 PM)
Richard needs more seasoning in the minors. He has great command on his fastball, but his slider is absolutely horrific.

He doesnt have enough secondary stuff. Second and thirs time through the order, his fastball starts to look BP-like. He has a future in the pen, nothing more IMO.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 07:37 PM)
they seriously will be hurting once they don't have that turf anymore, and I don't think the fans realize that.

maybe but this year is all I care about right now while we're still in 1st for the next day and a half. as soon as that first bloop dropped, I would have bet my house on at least three runs, they do this year after year after freakin year......

If I were the Offense, I couldnt muster the drive to go back to bat after your mgr sticks it up you a** by leaving him in their in that situation.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 08:40 PM)
From the one angle CSN showed it almost appeared as if Dye whiffed on the ball. I'd have to see it again. He's a terrible fielder whether or not he had a chance on this play. Can't move worth a s***.

That ball was smoked, JD got a tremendous jump and made a nice turn and almost got it. There arent and LF'ers in the game that could of gotten that outside of Ichiro maybe. He killed it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 07:40 PM)
Bulls***...he didn't even get past the 5th inning and blew a 4 run lead.

He looked good until the 5th in his second ever ML start. He threw a few bad pitches with a catcher behind the dish that even you said is calling bad pitches.

What is Buehrle's excuse for last night?

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 08:40 PM)
The last two months must have been pretty s***ty for this club then.

This place in unreal sometimes.

No, but they're sure not doing well in ensuring it continues for another few months.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 07:40 PM)

Roberto Clemente in his prime wouldn't have caught that ball.