White Sox vs. Twins

Heads22

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 01:41 AM)
He looked good until the 5th in his second ever ML start. He threw a few bad pitches with a catcher behind the dish that even you said is calling bad pitches.

What is Buehrle's excuse for last night?

They both sucked...this series is just so reminiscint of every important game we've played at Minnesota in the last 5 years or so.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 02:40 AM)
He doesnt have enough secondary stuff. Second and thirs time through the order, his fastball starts to look BP-like. He has a future in the pen, nothing more IMO.

Sounds a lot like Poreda

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 02:45 AM)
They hit our pitcher, they score, we hit theirs, get thrown out. Go figure.

I hate when Hawk starts going down that path. Mauer's was an absolute rocket that hit Richard in the ankle. Ramirez's was solidly hit, but got Perkins higher up on the body. Richard's lucky he didn't break his ankle.

We're down one run and it feels like we're down 10. If we feel this way, I can only imagine the players feel similarly. All we need is a runner and someone to run into a ball, and even that seems unlikely. That is a problem.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 01:47 AM)
Poreda is a stud. You kidding me? Guy is awesome. Until we trade him that is, then he's another De La Santos who everyone will say, "I always thought he was a bullpen guy anyway".

Everything about Poreda screams "Thornton clone"

UM has anyone noticed that last 5 games or so CQ has turned into the least patient hitter in baseball. Id say he has swung at the first pitch, mostly for an out 90% of the time in the last 5 games. WTF is he doin all of a sudden.

QUOTE (Wedge @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 08:44 PM)
my beacon of hope is how the Twins fared the last time they came to the Cell.

Well the only .500 teams they play on the road are the Angels, A's (slumping), Blue Jays (I know they're around .500), and Rays (who I predict will fall off by the end of the year.) They play the Mariners twice, Royals, Orioles, and Indians on the road as well.