White Sox vs. Twins

Heads22

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 06:42 PM)
Haven't seen this mentioned here...but did you know the Cubs/Brewers series this week is not only for the World Series, but if the Cubs win, it might bring world peace? Good grief, ESPN SportsCenter this morning must have dedicated 10 minutes to the game, and even had Pedro Gomez there to report on the series.

no s***.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 06:41 PM)
Yes they are. Still, I can't believe some people are conceeding the WS to them.

well if you have to pick a frontrunner they're definitely it, having all their games TV'd here, it's very clear how much better balanced they are than any other team, starting pitching, setup, closer, major power, speed at almost every position, and everyone can lay down bunts and go opposite field...pretty daunting....I hated them when I moved here 5 yrs ago and absolutely loved the Sox taking them out in the ALCS, but over time their class organization and continuous flow of quality minor leaguers has won me over as a fan

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 07:44 PM)
I don't get it. I'm not a huge fan of their rotation for the playoffs. Doesn't scare me. On top of of it, I don't think there bullpen is as good as people think it is.

Great team, but not a sure fire bet for the playoffs.

Really? Lackey, Santana (at home), Saunders, Weaver, and Garland are pretty solid to me.

I still think Lackey is underrated. I mean he is only no hitting Boston right now.

QUOTE (stretchstretch @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 01:46 AM)
well if you have to pick a frontrunner they're definitely it, having all their games TV'd here, it's very clear how much better balanced they are than any other team, starting pitching, setup, closer, major power, speed at almost every position, and everyone can lay down bunts and go opposite field...pretty daunting....I hated them when I moved here 5 yrs ago and absolutely loved the Sox taking them out in the ALCS, but over time their class organization and continuous flow of quality minor leaguers has won me over as a fan

I think the Cubs would pound the Angels in that match-up.

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 01:52 AM)
Really? Even with Texeira now? I would take the Halos rotation over the Cubs..even with Zambrano.

Cubs pitchers do a reall good job of holding base runners, and I still have questions about the Angels offense. The Angels catching position is weak.