White Sox vs. Twins

Heads22

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 07:54 PM)
Cubs pitchers do a reall good job of holding base runners, and I still have questions about the Angels offense. The Angels catching position is weak.

I do agree with the Angel anemic offense. They seem to do just enough offense to win. Cubs offense has been pretty anemic lately as well...but definitely have more fire power than the Halos.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In high school, I once had a streak of striking out in 8 straight ABs. Than one time I went up there and took the first 3 pitches without budging, got a 2-1 count, and hit a gapper.

I would never swing away on first pitch in a slump. No way PK can feel comfortable in there.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 08:58 PM)
lackey throwing a no no in fenway through 7

Just 83 pitches and won't have to face Ortiz & Manny if he retires everyone in order (6-7-8 up in 8th)

QUOTE (shawnhillegas @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 09:01 PM)
The scary thing is that Sexson's decline makes Konerko's so much scarier.

I knew the deal might bite us towards the end when we signed him, but I didn't see the decline being this sharp or this sudden, as I'm sure few of us did.

I figured he'd suck maybe the 2nd half of next year and 2010 in a worst case scenario...

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 07:48 PM)
I think the Cubs would pound the Angels in that match-up.

You overrate them so much some times. I occasionally wonder whether you really are a Cubs fan.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 08:06 PM)
Thanks....

If someone who had no clue who you were came in here and read game threads, as well as the Cubs thread in Diamond Club...they just might get that assumption.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 02:04 AM)
You overrate them so much some times. I occasionally wonder whether you really are a Cubs fan.

Their top 3 starters (Z, Harden, Dempster) are the best in baseball. However, there's always the possibility of Harden getting hurt. I think the Red Sox match up pretty good against the Cubs.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 02:07 AM)
If someone who had no clue who you were came in here and read game threads, as well as the Cubs thread in Diamond Club...they just might get that assumption.

So when I curse Ned Yost, that makes me a Cubs fan? Oh well, OC's OPS is around .450 with RISP and 2 outs.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 09:08 PM)
Their top 3 starters (Z, Harden, Dempster) are the best in baseball. However, there's always the possibility of Harden getting hurt. I think the Red Sox match up pretty good against the Cubs.

It's the Cubs.

They won't be in the WS come October.

Book it. Has history taught us nothing?