Mark Teixeira to Angels

joejoesox

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 04:52 PM)
Snap. Did they trade Kotch?

commercial break right now, more details gonna be released soon i think.

this sucks, that team is just sickeningly good now IMO

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 | Print Entry

Posted by Jayson Stark

Angels first baseman Casey Kotchman was pulled off the field during pregame warmups this afternoon at Fenway Park. And there are strong indications he is about to be traded to the Braves for Mark Teixeira, according to a source with knowledge of those discussions. Details are still being finalized, and additional, lesser names are expected to be involved. But Kotchman for Teixeira is the core of this deal.

Edited by joesaiditstrue

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 03:59 PM)
Sounds like it's Kotch and Stephen Marek, who is having a pretty decent season as a RP.

Obviously the Halos have a great shot at the World Series, so it's totally understandable, but I'm a big Kotchman fan, so this is a pretty decent return for the Braves, IMO.

I like Kotchman too but a left handed power bat is what the Angels have seemingly been missing forever now. This is a team that is loaded with pitching and now they have some decent pop in the middle of the order. IMO this definitely makes them the team to beat in the entire Major Leagues.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 05:03 PM)
Not that big of a difference between the two of them so far this year. At least not enough for a rent a player.

Um, there's a pretty big difference between them this year. Also, why are people assuming that Tex is a rent a player for the Angels? Good, good chance they re-sign him.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 05:05 PM)
It makes all the sense in the world for the Angels, but I think the Braves did well for themselves given what Tex really was worth to the Braves, which was two draft picks.

Completely agree.

I have no idea why anyone likes Kotchman. He doesn't get on base, he doesn't hit for power, through his career he hasn't even hit above .300, and he's 25. How much better is this guy going to get? With the picks you know you've got a shot at 2 guys with star potential who you can then trade if you have to for someone who actually doesn't suck. Brain-dead move for the Braves.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 05:14 PM)
I have no idea why anyone likes Kotchman. He doesn't get on base, he doesn't hit for power, through his career he hasn't even hit above .300, and he's 25. How much better is this guy going to get? With the picks you know you've got a shot at 2 guys with star potential who you can then trade if you have to for someone who actually doesn't suck. Brain-dead move for the Braves.

HUh?

This is his second full season, last season he had an OBP of .372 and almost a .900 OPS. He has gotten on base all through his career.