Mark Teixeira to Angels

joejoesox

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 08:07 PM)
This is a nice deal for the Angels, but it is not like their offense was that great to begin with. 19th in the MLB in runs? 23rd in OPS? Not very impressive. Tex will help, but it seems like their record is somewhat misleading. 65-40, yet they only have a +39 run differential. Something has to give.

Good bullpen, my friend.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 06:07 PM)
This is a nice deal for the Angels, but it is not like their offense was that great to begin with. 19th in the MLB in runs? 23rd in OPS? Not very impressive. Tex will help, but it seems like their record is somewhat misleading. 65-40, yet they only have a +39 run differential. Something has to give.

The Angels win low scoring games. Its what happens when you have the best executing offense in baseball (in the sense of stealing bases, moving runners over, manufacturing runs) mixed with a strong bullpen, defense, and rotation. The Angels will play in a lot more 1 run games with most, but they also pull out a lot more of those games because of there ability to beat teams when they shoudln't (by scrapping runs).

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 05:05 PM)
Texeira may only be a rental player? I kind of doubt it. I think the LAA will sign him long term. They seem to have lots of money. If we keep Konerko at 1B I won't cry. But, Mark T is a heckuva a player.

Teixeira is still a Boras Client. No matter what happens, he's hitting the FA market unless his arm falls off before the end of the season. Boras clients do not sign contracts before they hit the market, especially not the big names. They certainly have money available to sign him...but Teixeira is going to the highest bidder. The Yankees could use a 1b. They're probably going to be starting off asking for the neighborhood of $200 million.