Loser

whitesoxbrian

I win.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 08:56 PM)
Why Ozzie kept Richard in for Morneau instead of bringing in Thornton is beside me.

Hindsight is 20/20. Nobody can convince me Thornton would of gotten Morneau out. The guy is clutch in those situations no matter who is on the hill.

Ozzie believes that Morneau is the best hitter in baseball. Maybe he should stop letting him beat the Sox. When you have a rookie in his 2nd career start who gets hit by a vicious ground ball after 5 of 7 hitters reach base, you have to pull him.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 10:10 PM)
Just makes it a wee bit harder to do when you don't win one of the first two.

Hopefully Danks gets fully back on track. He looked better in his last start than his 1st after the break.

if we could walk out of the dome up 2.5, that would be monumentally huge IMO, as the twins have a long roadtrip coming up

unfortunately, this team just plays terrible baseball right now with all the errors and unclutch hitting, and our pitching is sh** right now, especially when there's 2 outs

these guys need to man up and remember that the point of playing the game is to win it all, not collect your f***ing paycheck

that 3-2 pitch to mauer from thornton made me wanna puke, seriously

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 10:15 PM)
Sounds like Ozzie's about to go on a huge rant. I actually support him sticking up for his players here...but he doesn't have to be such a tool about it.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...1,1504762.story

That will be epic and would love to be there to see it live.

Ozzie will probably say he kept Richard in to hopefully get him a W, but that wasn't the time for it. Instead of possibly going 2.5 up, he left in Richard. We're in the middle of a division and a pennant race- not the time to be sticking with guys.

BTW- What is Dye, 1-7 in the last 2 games? Has Q gotten a hit all series?

Edited by whitesoxbrian

Ozzie will probably say he kept Richard in to hopefully get him a W, but that wasn't the time for it. Instead of possibly going 2.5 up, he left in Richard. We're in the middle of a division and a pennant race- not the time to be sticking with guys.

If I knew Thornton would have gotten him out I might back you on that. When are you going to realize unless a starter gets completely raked and abused Jose Contreras-like, he lets them try to get out of jams and at least go five, six innings? That's Oz, love him or hate him. It looks like it's about time the Twins take over the division lead. Let's see how they play atop the division down the stretch. If they win it more power to them I guess. I still think losing 3 of 4 or all four will say something hugely negative about our team even though I got lambasted for saying that yesterday. If the Sox can win two in this series, I'll be very impressed. Uncle Mo is so on the Twins side right now for Game 3 and 4. Terrible loss today after grabbing the early lead.

And Ozzie's rant was great. I love when managers/coaches in other sports fight back against the people that blast them daily. Repeat: You can second guess 10 decisions in any loss. It's the way it has always been yet people bag on Ozzie every single loss. He's a damn good manager. Yes he makes mistakes. He has an opinion just like the fan and has the right to express it.

Edited by greg775