7/30 - White Sox @ Minnesota Twins (7:10pm WCIU)

joejoesox

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 09:00 PM)
Wouldn't it be smarter to talk him up if we want him traded?

Teams aren't listening to Hawk to determine how Cabrera could help them. The PR machine is for Sox fans who may be up in arms the starting SS and lead off guy, a guy who has been talked up all season, is shipped somewhere else at the deadline. Don't think for a minute, unless a guy like Roberts or Ellis and another piece come back, it wouldn't be considered White Flag II by many, even though it could make sense.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 09:03 PM)
Just commented on him being part of the Sox PR team.

Hawk deals more in "fan relations" than anything else. If he's ripping on Cabrera for being a lazy b**** in the field then he's traded the next day, the fans should be happy he's gone because he's a lazy b**** in the field.

Floyd rocks. I had a good feeling coming into tonights game that we had a better chance of winning than losing.

He just keeps throwing strike after strike, moving inside and out, changing speeds and pitches. I've seen his fastball from 91-94 tonight, and his curveball has had some hard biting action to it

Buerhle + Danks + Floyd is a nice 1-2-3 for ALDS

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 08:02 PM)
Because its absolutely ridiculous around here when we're losing, and the past two days have bordered on hilarity.

What's ridiculous is when people take it as gospel and not understand it's just frustrated fans who love this team venting. Yes...FANS!!!

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 03:05 AM)
Fathom, unless Gavin just gets absolutely :lol: hammered in the very near future, your membership status is in serious doubt....... :lol:

Yeah, I was thinking about that earlier. Maybe I should try to win my way back into the good graces of the site by revealing the Wilder story in detail....nah.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 03:05 AM)
Teams aren't listening to Hawk to determine how Cabrera could help them. The PR machine is for Sox fans who may be up in arms the starting SS and lead off guy, a guy who has been talked up all season, is shipped somewhere else at the deadline. Don't think for a minute, unless a guy like Roberts or Ellis and another piece come back, it wouldn't be considered White Flag II by many, even though it could make sense.

This is a terrific post. BTW, the Dodgers are working hard on some big deals. I wonder if OC is one of them.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 08:06 PM)
What a game by Gavin. He's at 95 pitches now...think he pitches the 8th? With a 7 run lead i'd just assume bring in Carrasco, Wass or Logan

I wouldn't.....

What a very enjoyable game so far. Sox scoring runs. Gavin shutting them down. And the Twins announcers microphones have been FUBAR'd the past 2 or 3 innings and I can't hear 'em!!!!!!!!!!