7/30 - White Sox @ Minnesota Twins (7:10pm WCIU)

joejoesox

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think that Cooper unleashes Gavin's mid 90s fastball that he had last September next year now that Gavin has confidence in himself? I have been surprised all season with his fastball being at 89-92 mph, and that cooper probably had him do that for control and a confidence builder. If Coop decides to unleash it we may have an ace on our hands.

Edited by Elgin Slim

QUOTE (shawnhillegas @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 09:11 PM)
I guess some of us are just too cool and stoic to get emotional about sports. I prefer the people that don't take themselves so seriously.

I'm not cool or stoic.

People who take every minor negative detail so seriously are what drive me nuts.

Edited by Maxwell

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 07:14 PM)
Do you think that Cooper unleashes Gavin's mid 90s fastball that he had last September next year now that Gavin has confidence in himself? I have been surprised all season with his fastball being at 89-92 mph, and that cooper probably had him do that for control and a confidence builder. If Coop decides to unleash it we may have an ace on our hands.

Like it or not, that's basically the opposite of Cooper's M.O.

Some late trade news:

Rosenthal says Maddux's salary may pose a problem - the Dodgers don't want to take it on while the Padres want to shed it. He's still owed about $3.3MM.

According to SI.com's Jon Heyman, the Diamondbacks offered Chad Tracy to the Reds for Adam Dunn. He says another NL team has also inquired on Dunn.

ESPN's Jayson Stark says the Rockies will decide late tonight whether to put Fuentes on the market. The Mets, Phillies, and Rays are out given the high asking price.

Ken Rosenthal wrote earlier that the Rockies were "poking around" with interested parties, still asking for a young MLB starting pitcher or two good prospects.

They seem pretty split over at Marlinsbaseball.com on the reported Manny deal. It seems like half dislike it either because they love Hermida or think Manny is a cancer and the other half know they still have plenty of corner OF prospects left and Manny is still one of the best hitters in the game.