7/30 - White Sox @ Minnesota Twins (7:10pm WCIU)

joejoesox

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 08:20 PM)
They seem pretty split over at Marlinsbaseball.com on the reported Manny deal. It seems like half dislike it either because they love Hermida or think Manny is a cancer and the other half know they still have plenty of corner OF prospects left and Manny is still one of the best hitters in the game.

Considering their low payroll, I thought the Marlins should have gone hard after ARod last winter. A Miami native, an up and coming team, he would have done nothing but help them get the park they want.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 10:22 PM)
Interesting. I can understand them being upset after losing a 24 year old quality OF for 2 months of Manny, but you have to like the aggressiveness by ownership to try and win this thing this year.

Overrated Cabrera strikes again.

Problem with Hermida is he has been injury prone so far in his young career. I've always followed/rooted for the Marlins as my NL team and i think i like this trade for them depending on the prospect(s) they give up

ESPN's Peter Gammons believes the three-team Manny Ramirez talks will stretch into Thursday and that a deal is still unlikely to be completed.

It's been 40 minutes now and no one has joined Will Carroll in saying that the deal is done or even all that close to being done. Skepticism is still warranted.