7/30 - White Sox @ Minnesota Twins (7:10pm WCIU)

joejoesox

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 09:24 PM)
Shoppach is 5-5, 3 doubles and 2 homers

That is impressive, but what is sad is that I have him on a fantasy team to replace Victor. Needless to say I am in 2nd to last place.

QUOTE (AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 09:28 PM)
ESPN's Peter Gammons believes the three-team Manny Ramirez talks will stretch into Thursday and that a deal is still unlikely to be completed.

It's been 40 minutes now and no one has joined Will Carroll in saying that the deal is done or even all that close to being done. Skepticism is still warranted.

The classic ESPN context, stretch hte story and then have 30 reporters covering the story in Boston.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 02:30 AM)
Haven't seen Paul smile like that in a long time. Nice to see.

Agreed...it's such a difference between being upset with him compared to someone like OC. Konerko seems like family to many of us, I'm sure.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 09:29 PM)
so many times when we go into a series we've predicted on this board what games we'll win. Usually we are wrong everytime. So glad gavin picked us up, good job offense.

I thought we would win the 1st, lose Richards game, win today and lose tomorrow. Danks does not fare well against the Twins lefties. I think Morneau and Mauer pwn him. No numbers to back it up, but if I remember correctly they crush him.

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 06:31 PM)
I thought we would win the 1st, lose Richards game, win today and lose tomorrow. Danks does not fare well against the Twins lefties. I think Morneau and Mauer pwn him. No numbers to back it up, but if I remember correctly they crush him.

1.665 OPS for Morneau against Danks, 1.236 for Mauer.