• No Playoffs for You!
    • Wildcard
    • Division Win
    • Win Round 1
    • Win AL Pennant
    • World Series Loss
    • World Series Victory
    • Waaaay too early for this

QUOTE (jeffthedude @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 09:56 AM)
I obviously don't contribute on here but that sounds about right.

The deluded homer optimism on these fan sites is amazing. Just look at what the Sox are! Steve Stone said just the other day on the Score morning show that the Sox are an 86-87 win team. There's no shame in that. The question has always been, is the division so bad it can be won by an 86-win team, or is it better than that?

And now it is completely clear the Twins are better than that, and better than us. They play a less challenging schedule than we do from here on out.

If someone else saw a playoff team out there the past couple days, I'd like to know what game you were watching. The Sox need to drop the old, ineffective deadweight off this team and start stocking good young players for the future. The cupboard looks pretty bare right now.

I'm not a negative fan. I follow the Sox for the fun of it, not just for the hope they will make the playoffs. They won't this year.

Yep, 2 straight games in a s*** hole of a stadium their team is built around playing on definitely makes that the case. Ugh.

And its not as if Minny has an easy schedule the rest of the way. They have 6 at Seattle (the Twins dont play as well away from home), 3 vs NYY, 3 vs Oak, 4 @ LAA, 4 @ Oak, 3 @ Tor, 4 @ TB and 3 vs Det (plus 3 vs us later). Also, included in that is a 14 gm road trip where they play 24 out of 30 away from the dome. That is not an easy schedule.

But i guess thats just deluded homerism on my part by not accepting that they are the better team because their record is worse than ours and they beat us in a whole 2 straight games in THEIR stadium. Nevermind we swept them in a 4 game set at our place earlier. All that matters is what just happened.

Twins could be in first place after this series, and I still think we have a better chance than they do of winning the division, albeit slightly

I just think that team is way better at home than they are on the road, and they are beatable at home as long as your team plays fundamental baseball, something we haven't done very well since the all-star break

Have the Boston Red Sox just lost 4 of 5 at home I know they are good teams but these are the Sox, AT HOME?

Did the Yankees just get beat pretty good by the O's twice?

Tampa Bay lost 7 in a row not to long ago and sits atop the yanks and sox.

The White Sox are not playing well right now but they are by no means done. A win tonight or tomorrow and they will be 3-4 at Detroit and Minnesota. I am fine with that. They need to beat he s*** out of hte Royals. After this weekend they play 16 of 19 at home and shoudl be getting some players back.

I also think KW will make a move.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 10:19 AM)
Have the Boston Red Sox just lost 4 of 5 at home I know they are good teams but these are the Sox, AT HOME?

Did the Yankees just get beat pretty good by the O's twice?

Tampa Bay lost 7 in a row not to long ago and sits atop the yanks and sox.

The White Sox are not playing well right now but they are by no means done. A win tonight or tomorrow and they will be 3-4 at Detroit and Minnesota. I am fine with that. They need to beat he s*** out of hte Royals. After this weekend they play 16 of 19 at home and shoudl be getting some players back.

I also think KW will make a move.

great post to put things in perspective, thanks I needed that, the last two days have brought the worst out in my fansmanship.........