THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!

SoxFan1

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 09:45 PM)
Why in the universe would Oakland want two months of Cabrera, while giving up their 24 year old closer, when they have absolutely zero chance at the playoffs this year? They wouldn't. Less than a non-story.

read 2 posts above yours

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 10:47 PM)
1. They have Brad Ziegler

2. I believe Street could leave after 2009.

3. OC brings them two high draft picks.

That's life as a mid market team. Now this deal isn't going to happen, but that is why it's not illogical to bring up.

He's a free agent after 2010.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 10:42 PM)
Let's get a win tomorrow and forget this trip to Minnesota ever happened.

Why would we want to forget it if we split? We'd be able to come back and take the next 2 after coming out flat in the 1st two. If anything, it'd be a moral victory to play so bad the 1st 2 and leave the series with the same lead as we came in with. Especially with the next series vs KC and a 10 game homestand looming...

Teammate Nick Swisher was more demonstrative, pulling out his favorite metaphor in praise of the streaking Quentin.

“He’s hotter than doughnut grease,” said Swisher, who had two of Chicago’s 15 hits.

If Swisher keeps giving quotes like this, I might learn to love him. Wow. Great stuff. Great win tonight. Gavin comes through in the twinkiedome. If we could win Game Four of the series, that would be a heck of a nice rally after stinking in the first two. 3-3 on the road trip so far. It really would be nice to split with the Twinks. They are pesky, but on paper not that much better if at all better than the Sox.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 11:50 PM)
If Swisher keeps giving quotes like this, I might learn to love him. Wow. Great stuff. Great win tonight. Gavin comes through in the twinkiedome. If we could win Game Four of the series, that would be a heck of a nice rally after stinking in the first two. 3-3 on the road trip so far. It really would be nice to split with the Twinks. They are pesky, but on paper not that much better if at all better than the Sox.

Did you see his play in the 8th(?) inning on that foul ball by Harris down the RF line? He slammed into the wall, looked like he got the living s*** beat out of him by the poles supporting the wall. Then Herm came out, gave him some smelling salt and said "Thanks a lot man" and hugged him. :lol: Then he was standing over in RF after the play dancing and joking with the guys in the dugout.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 10:23 PM)
Why would we want to forget it if we split? We'd be able to come back and take the next 2 after coming out flat in the 1st two. If anything, it'd be a moral victory to play so bad the 1st 2 and leave the series with the same lead as we came in with. Especially with the next series vs KC and a 10 game homestand looming...

Just because in the scheme of the standings it looks like it never happened if we win tomorrow. We should've won yesterday but that's over with. We'll see what happens tomorrow. Every time the Sox go to Minnesota it seems like they always steal a game or two from the Sox.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 07:51 PM)
What a pleasant game to watch.

Shows something about the posters on this site when loser threads are posted the instant the last out is recorded but a winner thread is like 10 minutes after the game.

I just want to say f*** YES GAVIN FLOYD. Anyone that wants this guy dealt is not smart. Unless the Sox are getting pack a star in the package (and one that will be around for a number of years), Floyd should be untouchable (as with Danks/Ramirez/Quentin).

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 08:00 PM)
Buster Olney just said the Sox offered Orlando Cabrera to the A's for Street. I dont know who else has posted that but interesting.

For the Manny trade, the Pirates got raped, unless that prospect they got from the Red Sox is SS Jed Lowrie, and I dont know who they would get from the Marlins.

I would trade OC for Street and Crosby. I know the A's have little use for OC but Beane values 2 draft picks more than any other GM in baseball. Crosby hasn't lived up to his MVP hype of a few years ago and has had a hell of a time staying healthy. Still he has nice ability.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 01:02 AM)
I would trade OC for Street and Crosby. I know the A's have little use for OC but Beane values 2 draft picks more than any other GM in baseball. Crosby hasn't lived up to his MVP hype of a few years ago and has had a hell of a time staying healthy. Still he has nice ability.

Again i shall state..... The sox are not offering OC to the A's nor are the A's interested. Bolney saide "The Sox and A's are talking about Street.......and the Sox are offering OC out there, blah blah, the Dogers may be interested"

THE A's DO NOT WANT OCAB

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 11:07 PM)
Again i shall state..... The sox are not offering OC to the A's nor are the A's interested. Bolney saide "The Sox and A's are talking about Street.......and the Sox are offering OC out there, blah blah, the Dogers may be interested"

THE A's DO NOT WANT OCAB

I hadn't gotten through the entire thread so I saw that at a later point.