Ken Griffey Jr. + Cash to the White Sox

joejoesox

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 03:13 PM)
Doesn't Konerko have 10/5 rights?

With that said I can't see him accepting a trade unless its to a contender.

If this is done, Richard as a long man sounds good.

I think you are right, but i was thinking on Konerko's situation and after all he is the Capt. and all so maybe a rotation in the OF of Griffey-Swisher-Dye and CQ is not bad and Anderson as the back up. Firstbase would be Swisher and Konerko and DH would be Konerko and Thome. People still would play a lot and get rested also from time to time. It could work, but I am not sure who the extra OF'er would be. Maybe Wise or Anderson, but I can't see both.

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 09:13 AM)
So what number does Griffey wear?

24 is taken by Crede and I don't see him giving it up.

30 is take by Swisher, he seems like a team player but I know I wouldn't give up my number if someone else is cutting my playing time.

3 is taken by Harold Baines and is retired anyways.

and 33 is taken by Vazquez

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 09:16 AM)
I agree, I'm excited also.

danny richar is nothing and masset is just average. KOnerko will be DL'd and we will still get another relief pitcher. Andersen will still come in during the late innings every single game. The reason this happened is because of konerko.

Wow, this is weird. Could this mean that Paulie gets shut down and Thome moves back to 1B (or splits time with Paulie there)? Because I don't see Griffey playing CF with Anderson, Wise, and Swish at this disposal.

At least we didn't have to give up too much for him.

only way i see this trade working out well for us is if Konerko is traded, Swisher moves to CF, Dye plays 1st and Griffey plays RF

we're basically getting a guy who's absolutely brutal on defense, according to the guy that Lawrence just spoke to from Cincinatti

our defense is 2nd to last in the AL, you have to wonder how Griffey being in our lineup as anything but a DH doesn't hurt the team

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 09:20 AM)
Wow, this is weird. Could this mean that Paulie gets shut down and Thome moves back to 1B (or splits time with Paulie there)? Because I don't see Griffey playing CF with Anderson, Wise, and Swish at this disposal.

At least we didn't have to give up too much for him.

I've asked the Thome question before and since we didn't see Thome at 1B during interleague when Konerko was down, we definately won't see him at 1B now.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 09:21 AM)
I've asked the Thome question before and since we didn't see Thome at 1B during interleague when Konerko was down, we definately won't see him at 1B now.

I agree with this.