Scotty Bowman to Join Blackhawks

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 09:22 AM)
Wow, smart move. Looks like a lot of people now want to work for the Blackhawks. Any word on what Red Wings fans think?

On letsgowings.com, many of them are sad and in particular find it off he'd go to Chicago.

One guy's quote:

THIS BLOWS EVERYONE KNOWS THE ONLY GOOD THINGS TO COME OUT OF CHICAGO ARE THE SMASHING PUMPKINS, RISE AGAINST AND FERRIS BUELLER

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (The Critic @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 03:11 PM)
Some would suggest it's already happened.

wow, I am glad that I'm not the only person who feels things are heading in that direction.... I love that the team is moving back towards respectability, but the whole thing just feels very contrived.

Maybe things were JUST SOOOO BAD, that it feels weird for them turn around so quickly... still I feel kind of uncomfortable with the cuddliness.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 07:57 PM)
I welcome as many D-bags as want to show up. More attendance = more money = better players. We actually have a management that wants to be good.

you can't argue with that, so you deal with the d-bags.

Still, I have a feeling this team doesn't make the playoffs with Savard as coach, and although were taking in more money... i'm not thrilled with Tallon's handling of the cap... after awhile, the buzz will die down and they'll be expected to WIN, not just put games on television. I think Rocky, and McDonough understand this... which is satisfying.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 11:37 PM)

Still, I have a feeling this team doesn't make the playoffs with Savard as coach, and although were taking in more money... i'm not thrilled with Tallon's handling of the cap... after awhile, the buzz will die down and they'll be expected to WIN, not just put games on television. I think Rocky, and McDonough understand this... which is satisfying.

There's more that's going to be done... Tallon's just biding his time.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 12:37 AM)

They're getting in the playoffs, I have no doubt about that. The natural progression of Kane/Toews and the rest of our youth, coupled with the upgrade to our goaltending and adding one of the top PP point men in the league all but guarantees a playoff berth.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 11:37 AM)
They're getting in the playoffs, I have no doubt about that. The natural progression of Kane/Toews and the rest of our youth, coupled with the upgrade to our goaltending and adding one of the top PP point men in the league all but guarantees a playoff berth.

The West is pretty tough, my friend.

It just depends on who stays healthy, IMO.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 01:36 PM)
As soon as the Hawks turn into the Cubs, which is going to be sooner then later, I'm getting rid of my season seats.

They will never be the cubs, the location, season, sport, history, and coverage will stop it from ever happening.