Question of Griffey Jr.

DaTank

Just wondering if we would get compensation for Griffey Jr. after this season if he signs elsewhere. Does anybody know? I know they decided that they will buyout his contract option but would they still get compensation? If we got compensation picks for Griffey Jr., O Cab (if he's not traded), and Crede (and possibly Uribe), that would be absolutely outstanding. Thanks

QUOTE (jenks45monster @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 01:15 PM)
Just wondering if we would get compensation for Griffey Jr. after this season if he signs elsewhere. Does anybody know? I know they decided that they will buyout his contract option but would they still get compensation? If we got compensation picks for Griffey Jr., O Cab (if he's not traded), and Crede (and possibly Uribe), that would be absolutely outstanding. Thanks

If we offer him arbitration, and he signs elsewhere, we should get 1 sandwich pick (between 1st and 2nd rounds) due to Griffey's status as a type-B free agent.

QUOTE (almagest @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 08:19 PM)
If we offer him arbitration, and he signs elsewhere, we should get 1 sandwich pick (between 1st and 2nd rounds) due to Griffey's status as a type-B free agent.

Can the Sox do that if they decline his option?

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 02:41 PM)
nope

Really? They confirmed the trade at 10-something this morning. That would leave him 8 hours and some-odd minutes before game time...

QUOTE (jenks45monster @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 01:48 PM)
Really? They confirmed the trade at 10-something this morning. That would leave him 8 hours and some-odd minutes before game time...

I know you don't want to read 50+ pages of s***, but go read the last 5 pages or so of the thread that's pinned, and every question you have asked is answered.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 02:56 PM)
Mays had retired by the time McCovey hit #500. I glanced at the 500 homer list, and I don't think it has ever been done.

It was an "off the top of my head" guess.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 01:56 PM)
Mays had retired by the time McCovey hit #500. I glanced at the 500 homer list, and I don't think it has ever been done.

and almost 4 active players on the roster with over 300 HRs each:

Jr - 608, Thome - 526, Dye -288 , Konerko - 285

That is over 1,700 HRs between those 4.

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 08:01 PM)
I think he means clean players.

Palmeiro: I did not take steroids period. (only to be proven wrong a month or 2 later)

Sosa: I can't speak english umm I mean Yo no puedo hablar ingles

2 of the top preformers in the trial...that was so freakin hilarious