Twins Schedule Rest Of Year

JohnCangelosi

I'd love for someone to run the numbers of winning % of their schedule over the final 2 months of the year but I have to say that this whole Twins run is reminding me of 2006 BIG TIME.

(Where basically they didn't lose a series since May type thing it seemed).

Looking at their schedule it's scary how often I see Seattle, Cleveland, KC etc down the stretch. Again it's looking like 2006 again. You gotta hand it to them for winning with a bunch of no names like Kevin Slowey. Give me a break. Scott Baker is their #1 starter. LOL. It's just unbelieveable. Of course if they make it to the playoffs they'll be 3 and out as usual but still...

I'd like to see someone run the numbers to see if this is actually as bad as it looks. Maybe the only reason they got off to a slow start was because their schedule was incredibly difficult?

Both Teams are GREAT at home and below average on the road.

Games Left Home/Road

White Sox 31/25

Twins 24/30

Games Left vs Current .500 teams or better

Twins- 20

White Sox - 30

Sox have the advantage with remaining home games. Twins have the advantage with remaining Strength of Schedule. It is going to be tight.

The Twins have road series with the Mariners twice, Royals, Angels, A's, Blue Jays, Orioles, Indians, and Rays.

I could see the Twins winning the road series agianst the Mariners both times, probably the Royals too. The A's haven't been playing good ball lately so they could win that series, the Orioles are a streaky team, by the time they play the Indians I wouldn't be surprised if they've keeled over, I honestly don't expect the Rays to be in the playoffs and they play them near the end of the year so they could win or at least split the 4 game series. More than likely they will lose a couple of those road series, but I think they have the capability to beat any of these teams.

I see the Angels, and depending on who's pitching for the Blue Jays, as the only teams that can give the Twins trouble on the road.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Aug 1, 2008 -> 03:19 AM)
Both Teams are GREAT at home and below average on the road.

Games Left Home/Road

White Sox 31/25

Twins 24/30

Games Left vs Current .500 teams or better

Twins- 20

White Sox - 30

Sox have the advantage with remaining home games. Twins have the advantage with remaining Strength of Schedule. It is going to be tight.

The Twins also have a stretch where they play 24/30 on the road includign 14 straight

That's the weak point of both teams. You have to rely on them winning at home because their struggles away are sometimes unbearable.

Whether it's the White Sox or Twins who clinch the Central, they won't be going too far. A five game series against the Red Sox or D. Rays will most likely end rather quickly. It's the reality for both teams unless something changes in the next two months.

Edited by Yoda

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ Aug 1, 2008 -> 10:59 AM)
probably dont want to see a Twins fans round these parts for a while, but I found this while doing the morning blog reading:

http://www.twinkietown.com/2008/8/1/584473...nalysis-for-the

hope that is some help

Cub fans are the one you have to be afraid of :unsure: