Decapitated and ATE him?

LosMediasBlancas

Greyhound scrapping its new ad campaign...

TORONTO (AP) _ Greyhound has scrapped an ad campaign that extolled the relaxing upside of bus travel after one of its passengers was accused of beheading and cannibalizing another traveler.

The ad's tag line was "There's a reason you've never heard of 'bus rage.'"

LINK

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 11:59 PM)
He had a knife....and he was sawing some guy's head off......and he was eating him. Would you f*** with him?

I dont know what I would do. Thats why its so scary.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 02:03 PM)
I dont know what I would do. Thats why its so scary.

Try to save yourself, that's what you would do. He stabbed that kid how many times before he started taking him apart? That kid was done, there weren't gonna be any heroes. I'd be thankful that he decided to spend all of his time on that one kid instead of slashing a few other throats, including possibly mine.

Don't they have the same kind of security screening to get on a bus as for a plane?? How the ef did he get a knife on the bus? ......and if he was able to saw through someone's neck bone, it couldn't have been a tiny swiss army knife on a key chain either.

Think people will be dozing off on the bus any more?

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 10:55 PM)
Try to save yourself, that's what you would do. He stabbed that kid how many times before he started taking him apart? That kid was done, there weren't gonna be any heroes. I'd be thankful that he decided to spend all of his time on that one kid instead of slashing a few other throats, including possibly mine.

Don't they have the same kind of security screening to get on a bus as for a plane?? How the ef did he get a knife on the bus? ......and if he was able to saw through someone's neck bone, it couldn't have been a tiny swiss army knife on a key chain either.

I'll be honest, I'm fairly surprised the guy wasn't apprehended by the passengers. Maybe it's the Canada factor. What was it, 37 passengers? 5 of them against the one man and knife probably would have ended quickly and without additional harm. No way do I let that motherf*** go.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 11:12 PM)
I'll be honest, I'm fairly surprised the guy wasn't apprehended by the passengers. Maybe it's the Canada factor. What was it, 37 passengers? 5 of them against the one man and knife probably would have ended quickly and without additional harm. No way do I let that motherf*** go.

He was sitting right next to the victim. How many stab wounds do you think he could have gotten in before anyone could have jumped in to help? Enough to kill that kid, that's how many. They did the smart thing, let him finish up that kid, get off the bus and barricade the door.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 10:55 PM)

Nope. Something like that would be impossible with how Greyhound operates. There aren't mega-terminals like at airports. Many of the pick-ups and drop-offs are just in gas stations or parking lots. It's hard to screen everyone in that case.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 11:12 PM)

They didn't let him go. They barricaded him in the bus and let police apprehend him. If they tried to do anything, someone else was bound to get stabbed. The only way someone should have confronted him is if they were carrying a concealed firearm. And, even in that case, the victim didn't really stand a chance no matter what happened.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 12:40 AM)
He was sitting right next to the victim. How many stab wounds do you think he could have gotten in before anyone could have jumped in to help? Enough to kill that kid, that's how many. They did the smart thing, let him finish up that kid, get off the bus and barricade the door.

No I'm with you here that the victim couldn't have been saved. However, fear or whatever you would have called I thought would have driven the passengers to get the guy under absolute control because just because he takes out one doesn't mean he's done. I would have hoped a group would have tied him to a seat and perhaps beat the s*** out of him.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 06:11 AM)
No I'm with you here that the victim couldn't have been saved. However, fear or whatever you would have called I thought would have driven the passengers to get the guy under absolute control because just because he takes out one doesn't mean he's done. I would have hoped a group would have tied him to a seat and perhaps beat the s*** out of him.

And how do you do that without putting yourself in great danger? If he was going after anyone he could slice at, it'd be a different scenario, but in this case, he was focused solely on the one guy.

They all got off the bus and barricaded him in. He was essentially "under control" at that point and wasn't a threat to anyone else. And what do you restrain him with? Do you carry rope around with you, or rolls of duct tape?

Edited by StrangeSox

Its easy to sit back and say what you would or would not have done. In a situation so horrible, nobody can be for sure on how they would react, because some people have a "switch" in certain situations that makes them do wierd things.

Seeing someone lose their life in such an awful way, and to continue to watch the killer defile the body would be a lot for anyone to take. I am surprised one of those people didnt take a crowbar or wrench and go after him. Im not saying thats what they should have done, but there is always a hero or someone who feels like they need to do something in a situation like that.

I understand the "he is already dead, save yourself" mentality. It is just sad to think about for me that these people had to stand by while this guy butchered an innocent person for no apparent reason

The goal is to stop him from hurting anyone else. They accomplished that goal. By any sort of direct man to man confrontation, you increase the likelihood that someone else would be hurt. If there was someone trapped in the bus with him, then by all means grab some weapons and get going. Defiling the body? If it's me being defiled, please do not risk your life to save my corpse. Just be a great witness at the prosecution and make sure the guy never is paroled.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 07:41 AM)
The goal is to stop him from hurting anyone else. They accomplished that goal. By any sort of direct man to man confrontation, you increase the likelihood that someone else would be hurt. If there was someone trapped in the bus with him, then by all means grab some weapons and get going. Defiling the body? If it's me being defiled, please do not risk your life to save my corpse. Just be a great witness at the prosecution and make sure the guy never is paroled.

Like I said, Im not saying anyone SHOULD do something, and I probably wouldnt do something. Im just surprised there wasnt someone on the bus who said "There is no way Im letting this happen"

What I thought of here was on 9/11 when the passengers of one of the planes stopped the terrorists from crashing it into whatever building they were aiming for. I think a lot people, at least Americans, would band together against someone doing such a terrible deed even if some damage had already been done. (Who's to say he wouldn't go after someone else with that knife?)

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 12:38 PM)
What I thought of here was on 9/11 when the passengers of one of the planes stopped the terrorists from crashing it into whatever building they were aiming for. I think a lot people, at least Americans, would band together against someone doing such a terrible deed even if some damage had already been done. (Who's to say he wouldn't go after someone else with that knife?)

That is entirely different and i dont think that analogy really works well here.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 10:44 AM)
That is entirely different and i dont think that analogy really works well here.

Well the circumstances are certainly quite different, but I know if I was on that bus I would have tried to band together some men to just bombard him and get him away from the body and his weapon...and perhaps give him a few rib shots. I think with enough people going at him, none of the attackers would have been stricken with the knife.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 11:44 AM)

I see what he is saying though. A bunch of people with their lives in danger trapped in a public transportation vehicle.

If he was threatening all of them and they had no way to leave the bus, it would be a better analogy. As the stories stand though, it doesnt fully apply. but not totally offbase

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 09:38 AM)

If he was say, trying to go after the driver while the bus was moving, then of course you have to try to stop him.

The first rule for any responder is to make sure you don't become a victim yourself, because all that does is make it harder on everyone. More EMT's required, more blood spilled, more risk.

If a person is having a genuine psychologic episode that you can't deal with, and he's not putting anyone else in danger, the rule is to back off and wait for more advanced personnel. The only reason to violate that rule is if he's legitimately putting other people in danger with his behavior.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 10:47 AM)
If he was say, trying to go after the driver while the bus was moving, then of course you have to try to stop him.

The first rule for any responder is to make sure you don't become a victim yourself, because all that does is make it harder on everyone. More EMT's required, more blood spilled, more risk.

If a person is having a genuine psychologic episode that you can't deal with, and he's not putting anyone else in danger, the rule is to back off and wait for more advanced personnel. The only reason to violate that rule is if he's legitimately putting other people in danger with his behavior.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that I think it would have been hard to know if he was going to quit eating and run out of that thing knives blazing to get his second course.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 12:47 PM)
I see what he is saying though. A bunch of people with their lives in danger trapped in a public transportation vehicle.

If he was threatening all of them and they had no way to leave the bus, it would be a better analogy. As the stories stand though, it doesnt fully apply. but not totally offbase

Yes, if he was threatening all of them or as someone said, the driver, and they were all in danger i can see the correlation and i'd agree people would probably band together to protect themselves. But with this stroy, at the point when everyone would have realized what was going on, it was too late for the victim. I just cant see, or justify, putting yourself and others at risk to approach a psychopath with a knife just to prevent him from mutilating the body. That may seem callous, but the guy was already dead, at this point there isnt anything anyone can do.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 12:50 PM)
I guess the point I'm trying to make is that I think it would have been hard to know if he was going to quit eating and run out of that thing knives blazing to get his second course.

I believe thats why they barricaded the door and disabled the engine (at least i thought i read that)

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 10:52 AM)
Yes, if he was threatening all of them or as someone said, the driver, and they were all in danger i can see the correlation and i'd agree people would probably band together to protect themselves. But with this stroy, at the point when everyone would have realized what was going on, it was too late for the victim. I just cant see, or justify, putting yourself and others at risk to approach a psychopath with a knife just to prevent him from mutilating the body. That may seem callous, but the guy was already dead, at this point there isnt anything anyone can do.

Agreed. However, I wasn't there, but it seems as if it would be difficult to know if he intended on being finished killing after the first kill.