Official 2008-2009 College Football Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Shadows @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 03:39 AM)
The best thing about all of this is how bad it makes Ohio State look

Penn State beat Oregon State by like 30 earlier in the year

Man I hate Ohio State

me too. Penn State looks to be the class of the Big 10 as of now. Them or Wisconsin should win that league.

QUOTE (Shadows @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 01:39 AM)
The best thing about all of this is how bad it makes Ohio State look

Penn State beat Oregon State by like 30 earlier in the year

Man I hate Ohio State

Therefore PSU must be better than USC, which means the Big Ten must be better than the Pac-10, right?????????

And actually OSU fans are happy about USC losing, because it could give us another shot at them. Sorry about your hatred.

Edited by RockRaines

Not only do USC fans think they are the best, but because USC is the only relevant team in the LA area (sorry UCLA fans), all the national pundits have to say that stuff too. Are any of them going to eat crow today? No. They'll blame it on an off day or some other BS reason.

And when USC wins the Pac 10 (because the rest of the league sucks, and always will suck) and goes to the Rose Bowl, are we going to hear more crap about them being the best team that SHOULD have been in the national championship game? I hate Ohio State as much as the next guy, but losing to USC AT USC is a much better loss than Oregon State (or Stanford).

And I don't buy that Penn State is the best team in the Big Ten, not yet anyway. They haven't played anyone yet. If they totally pwn Illinois this weekend, then I'll believe it. If it's a shootout win, I'll still consider Wisconsin the best (since its a home game they should win), as they have the best win by anyone in the conference (at F.S.)

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 09:00 AM)
me too. Penn State looks to be the class of the Big 10 as of now. Them or Wisconsin should win that league.

Penn State has done nothing yet but beat a bunch of scrubs at home (and yes, I still think Oregon State isn't that good, just like Stanford sucked last year even though they won at USC). Penn State also crushed 4 scrubs (yes, Notre Dame was a scrub) out of conference last year, but only went 4-4 in league play. I'll wait and see how they look Saturday night before coming to any conclusions. As of now, Wisconsin is the team to beat in the Big 10 IMO.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 08:00 AM)
Therefore PSU must be better than USC, which means the Big Ten must be better than the Pac-10, right?????????

And actually OSU fans are happy about USC losing, because it could give us another shot at them. Sorry about your hatred.

1. Yes, I think the Big 10 is better than the Pac 10

2. No, it doesn't mean Penn State is better than USC. Just because im trashing Ohio State and you are a bitter fan doesn't mean that's what I said.

3. I hope USC plays Ohio State again so Ohio State can get their ass kicked, AGAIN. However, I don't even know if they can even win the Big 10 so that might not even matter.

4. No need to be sorry about it, its not a jealous hate since they choke in all their big games anyways.. its just more of a, im not a fan of them hate.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 03:15 PM)
Damn, what a game UNC-Miami. Miami almost caught the winning touchdown with no time left, but it was just off the fingertips. Hell of a game.

nice win Palehose. Butch is really turning you guys into a big player in the ACC. I think UNC and Miami might be taking over the division in the next couple of seasons.

Now we just need to recruit some more defensive players. We dont have the depth and it showed.

I would say the bigger problem is that the Gators are the same team as last year. They don't have a lot of other talent.

It's all perception. A team like Texas Tech returns more guys from a team most people would say was better than Florida last year and Florida is top 5 preseason while Tech is just outside the top 10.

Saw this on another board,

dook > Navy > WFU > Ole Miss > Florida...

dook > Florida

College football is pretty crazy.

Zen, you guys are definitely headed in the right direction, you have talented freshmen all over the field. I don't think either Butch or Shannon are gameday coaches, but instead are excellent recruiters.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 06:51 PM)
Saw this on another board,

dook > Navy > WFU > Ole Miss > Florida...

dook > Florida

College football is pretty crazy.

Zen, you guys are definitely headed in the right direction, you have talented freshmen all over the field. I don't think either Butch or Shannon are gameday coaches, but instead are excellent recruiters.

that was the knock on Butch while he was down here. But you guys made the adjustments at the half and we didnt. Shannon's got a ways to go when its comes to gameday coaching but an influx in talent can hide those shortcomings.

Jonathan Crompton is the worst QB to ever play at Tennessee... It's so painful to watch this offense. I feel bad for all of you who are fans of Nebraska, Florida St, etc. b/c now I know what it feels like to have a once very good program become awful. Some changes need to happen and need to happen quick.

Oh, and thank you, Ole Miss.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 06:16 PM)
Jonathan Crompton is the worst QB to ever play at Tennessee... It's so painful to watch this offense. I feel bad for all of you who are fans of Nebraska, Florida St, etc. b/c now I know what it feels like to have a once very good program become awful. Some changes need to happen and need to happen quick.

Oh, and thank you, Ole Miss.

lord i don't know where to begin on that one.