Official 2008-2009 College Football Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Sep 19, 2008 -> 08:56 PM)
You mean Stanzi?

He looked like s*** against Iowa State. f***ing horrible.

DJK is a decent WR, don't know other than that.

Also, this win will look better later than you. Opposite of last year where we got outplayed and won, you guys got outplayed and won this year.

Brodell, Strauss, etc. Iowa just outplayed the f*** out of Pitt and lost. f***ing horrible, that would have been a huge road win. Stanzi looked bad against ISU but he looked good today against Pitt and I have no f***ing clue why I had to keep seeing Christensen's terrible self.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 20, 2008 -> 06:38 PM)
Can anyone in the SEC score or do they all blow at offense? Worst brand of football.

I'm enjoying this game. I'm one of the few people who love 10-6 games rather than 46-40 games.

Auburn's D is f***ing ridiculous. Sen'Derrick Marks is a stud DT who is a late 1st round pick next year.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 20, 2008 -> 08:38 PM)
Can anyone in the SEC score or do they all blow at offense? Worst brand of football.

defense will always stop offense. The SEC defenses are so loaded with NFL type talent that they basically shut down SEC offenses.

I'd rather see a tought 17-13 game than a 52-42 game.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 20, 2008 -> 08:31 PM)
Ok, fine. Use the extreme example. I'd rather see a 34-27 game than a 17-10, 3-2, or 14-6 game. The defenses are good, but the QB play is just pathetic. I guess I forgot the SEC is god in college football and it should not be questioned.

I'm with ya. The defenses are great, no denying that, but the QB play is awful.

Neither of these teams could keep up with Florida or Georgia if they score some points, let alone some other teams around the nation.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 20, 2008 -> 08:38 PM)

IMO alot of those teams are overrated this year and the SEC isnt nearly as good as people think...tennessee looks bad....arkansas is horrendous this year, Vandy just beat ole miss, kentucky is kentucky, south carolina is not very good, miss state is awful....i still think georgia, florida and lsu are solid, but im not sure any is in the class of oklahoma usc.....

that said it is still the best conference....but i dont think its the "best conference ever" as alot of people are saying seeing as how they have 5 top 10 teams right now

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 20, 2008 -> 08:42 PM)
Hope you enjoyed those wins, it's about to get ugly :ph34r:

Yep. Makes me glad to be more of a college basketball guy than a college football guy :P

Either way, this team is loads better than last year and is still getting better. Not that it's saying much, but its nice to see Brewster can make some sort of progress.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Sep 20, 2008 -> 06:01 PM)
Just a terrible game. Gave the game away to VT. John Shoop is still a hideous OC.

Can't be worse than Dave Clawson at Tennessee... This guy is a f***ing joke. 2 pass plays back-to-back on 3rd and 4th down from the 1 yard line???? Seriously!? Just QB sneak it and you've got 7 points. Instead, they tried to get cute and f***ing pass the ball. That's not Tennessee football, and Fulmer and Clawson need to get fired ASAP. The Tennessee defense is very good however. Only gave up 122 total yards of offense to Tim Tebow, which has to be his lowest output since he became the starter. It's just so frustrating seeing the defense play so well, but the offense is completely inept and worthless. So are the Special Teams units for that matter.

I want Will Muschamp as the new Head Coach at Tennessee. Unfortunately, they're all about keeping it in house and bringing in "good 'ol boys" so we'll probably hire some undeserving former assistant like Kippy Brown or some bulls***...

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 20, 2008 -> 12:26 PM)
He has a better arm, and give it some time, some of the talent is already there, some is on the way. See the true freshman at C, RT, QB, and WR? This freshman class, plus the highly rated next one will build the team around him.

The problem with that concept is their previous recruiting classes were all very good too, with plenty of highly rated players who don't seem to be cutting it now. Who's to say these new "phenoms" (as a group) will fare any better??

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 12:55 PM)
College football is just down this year in general in terms of the quality of teams. It's all about quarterback play in college ball, and outside of the amazing QB talent and depth in the Big 12, the quarterbacks nationwide are just awful this season.

I think college football has been down since the USC/Texas title game. I think both those teams would have beaten the past two national champions.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 11:02 AM)
I think college football has been down since the USC/Texas title game. I think both those teams would have beaten the past two national champions.

Yeah, but both teams were arguably two of the best in the past 25 years. USC IMHO would have beaten any other team this decade. Texas as well except for maybe the 2000 Miami team. We were all spoiled that year because there were so many great football teams like USC, Texas, and OSU(in my opinion, the only OSU team that was actually good).