Official 2008-2009 College Football Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alabama is going to be #2 tomorrow, with Mizzou #3 and Oklahoma obviously #1. What a crazy day. Wisconsin, I don't know what the hell that was in the 2nd half. I still don't know how good Penn State is as Illinois played AWFUL tonight in Happy Valley, but the top of the Big 10 is just abysmal this year so the Nittany Lions have a shot at winning the league. Whoever does win the Big 10 is probably going to be smashed in their BCS game, which of course will be great for the league /sarcasm. Other than that, I'm glad NIU won big and college football is fun because nobody really knows anything about who is good and who isn't. All we do know is chaos will eventually reign supreme.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Sep 28, 2008 -> 12:06 AM)
For one day, I get to be happy.

We shall get killed next week.

But, I digress.

Bus ride back from Jacksonville=amazing. SO much f***ing fun. Pathetic attendance though ,but nonetheless fun. Very fun.

Nice win for the Noles Chimpy. Showed some balls bouncing back like that.

I hope youre right about getting killed next week though! hahaha

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 28, 2008 -> 12:10 AM)
One other thing. Looking at Northwestern's record and their schedule....they are setup to have a FANTASTIC season. Like as in making an elite Big 10 bowl played in the month of January.

This is probably the point of the season when I make the switch to really pulling for Northwestern instead of living and dieing by the Illini.The Illini defense is the worst in the Big Ten.

Yeah, NU missing Wisconsin and Penn State makes their schedule rather easy.

The polls are out of hand this week. Too much chaos to figure it all out for the voters. No one really knew what was going to happen. Mizzou being on a bye week kinda f***ed things in the short run. The polls don't matter for a while now though.

Gator "fans" are funny.

Yesterday, in Jacksonville for the CU FSU game, I saw at least 30 of them wearing a Super Tebow shirt or Tebow jersey. Now I would think they would rather watch their game (which was going on as they paraded around Alltel and the surrounding parking lots), especially since it's a SEC game at home, but instead they were too busy talking s*** to us, oblivious to the fact that "their" team was losing.

This is what the whole entire state of Florida is like since they won. They're like Cub fans in the fact that they think they are superior in everything (at least UF has won 3 championships recently). I swear that they care more about FSU and UM losing than they do about their team winning. The students at Sante Fe Community College who say they are UF students are horrible and are some of the main people who contribute to this problem.

Now, I know there are real Gator fans at UF and I have no problem with them. It just really grinds my gears when all these bandwagon fans act like "their" school is the greatest thing in the world when they have probably never even set foot on UFs campus.

QUOTE (Shadows @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 10:05 PM)
1. Yes, I think the Big 10 is better than the Pac 10

2. No, it doesn't mean Penn State is better than USC. Just because im trashing Ohio State and you are a bitter fan doesn't mean that's what I said.

3. I hope USC plays Ohio State again so Ohio State can get their ass kicked, AGAIN. However, I don't even know if they can even win the Big 10 so that might not even matter.

4. No need to be sorry about it, its not a jealous hate since they choke in all their big games anyways.. its just more of a, im not a fan of them hate.

And IM bitter?

And when you say they lose all of their big games, I assume you are talking about this group of upperclassmen? The buckeyes as a program have been winnig big games long before you were swimming around in your daddy's testicles so I wouldnt think you were referring to the program as a whole.

Either way I'll take 1 or 2 loss seasons all day long. And I'd love another shot at USC with the Big Ten's best player back and the top freshman behind center.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 08:45 AM)
And IM bitter?

And when you say they lose all of their big games, I assume you are talking about this group of upperclassmen? The buckeyes as a program have been winnig big games long before you were swimming around in your daddy's testicles so I wouldnt think you were referring to the program as a whole.

Either way I'll take 1 or 2 loss seasons all day long. And I'd love another shot at USC with the Big Ten's best player back and the top freshman behind center.

Plenty of teams won big games long before I was born, not sure what that has to do with anything but ok bro

Ohio State would still get creamed by USC with Wells and Pryor starting.. IF they even get a rematch, it would be basically another home game for USC, and another ugly loss for the Buckeyes

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 10:24 PM)
doesnt USC play at OSU next year? If so, then I hope they dont meet in a bowl game. It'll just be overkill.

Yes, its a home and home series. I believe we also get Navy as well. In 2010 we get your Canes for the beginning of a home and home.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 06:56 PM)
One ranked Big 12 team is gonna lose on the road to an unranked team this weekend since there are five games like that. MU is gonna beat Nebraska and I don't see Texas or OU losing, so my best guess is Tech loses to a hungry K-State team.

KSU is coming off of games giving up 577 yards to Louisville, and 509 yards to Louisiana-Lafayette...