Official 2008-2009 College Football Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 16, 2008 -> 11:40 AM)
Got home, turned on Big Ten Network and saw the end of Iowa/LSU and Tate's hail mary. That was awesome watching Live. Couldn't believe what I saw.

I was at that game sitting on the Iowa side, around the 15 yard line of the endzone with the score. Everyone who wasnt a LSU fan in the Citrus Bowl was going nuts.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 18, 2008 -> 06:04 PM)
No direct offense meant Brian, but nothing is better than having spoiled Michigan fans finally see how losing looks from the other side.

I would never expect sympathy. Can't wait for next years recruits to come in.

Fraud certainly isn't harsh at this point. They lost at home last week (although to a very good team, but still at home), and they simply aren't ready to play tonight. This Texas outfit is awfully good though, I'll say that much.

As for Michigan, how the hell did they lose to Toledo?! I know Michigan is really, really bad this year, but after watching NIU cruise to a 38-7 win over Toledo that could have been worse had NIU wanted it to be, I am amazed that Michigan could really be bad enough to lose to them. Nice win for us though today, we're trying to creep into the bowl picture slowly but surely, but must keep it up next week.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Haha I think my high school team could have lost by 35 in a half. Stopped every time and given up a TD every time. This is completely not real. Even for not showing up this is not real.

Time to hear all the Texas is so, so good talk because they beat a Mizzou team that didn't show up.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Oct 18, 2008 -> 05:59 PM)
looks like Missouri was a fraud.

they better find a defense if they ever want to be a serious national contender.

I think it has more to do with just how good Texas and OU are. Those are the two best teams in the country right now, imo. McCoy is just playing out of his mind.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 18, 2008 -> 06:50 PM)
Also, impressive win for Ohio State. Michigan State is STILL a joke in big games, and Ohio State is still going to lose to Penn State next week in Columbus, but the Buckeyes deserve credit for their performance today.

Michigan State is over-rated. Decent QB play by Iowa and they probably beat MSU. Of course Iowa is a few turnovers away from being undefeated with all of there losses being close games to quality opponents (MSU, NU, Pitt).

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 18, 2008 -> 06:50 PM)
Also, impressive win for Ohio State. Michigan State is STILL a joke in big games, and Ohio State is still going to lose to Penn State next week in Columbus, but the Buckeyes deserve credit for their performance today.

All comments aside though, OSU is a different team with Pryor. THe problem is USC should win out so OSU will never have a shot at the National Championship game (since I can't see one of OU/Texas/Bama not being in the national championship game).

QUOTE (danman31 @ Oct 18, 2008 -> 08:31 PM)
Haha I think my high school team could have lost by 35 in a half. Stopped every time and given up a TD every time. This is completely not real. Even for not showing up this is not real.

Time to hear all the Texas is so, so good talk because they beat a Mizzou team that didn't show up.

sounds like an excuse.

I think the Missouri offense just didn't show up in the 1st half and wasn't prepared, but what happened to the Missouri defense all night was no fluke. They are just a very poor group, Texas could have put up 70 tonight had they wanted to with little problem.

As for some of Gage's comments, Iowa actually is a pretty good team. They really shot themselves in the foot in their losses, but they've improved a lot this year and Shonn Greene (I hope I spelled his name right) is one of the more underrated tailbacks in the nation. Ohio State certainly is a different team with Pryor, and not having Wells at USC obviously hurt them too, but they'd have no shot at the title game with one loss no matter what. The voters have seen what happened to them in the title game the last two years, and their only shot at making it back again really was an undefeated season. Unless they are the only one loss team left a la 2007, their title hopes died in Los Angeles. I can't see them beating Penn State though, even in Columbus.

Edited by whitesoxfan101