Official 2008-2009 College Football Thread

I know it was only Mississippi St., but finally, Tennessee actually played a good game for once. The defense was phenomenal, and Eric Berry is the truth... It was nice blowing someone out for the first time all year

Edited by dasox24

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 18, 2008 -> 07:50 PM)
Also, impressive win for Ohio State. Michigan State is STILL a joke in big games, and Ohio State is still going to lose to Penn State next week in Columbus, but the Buckeyes deserve credit for their performance today.

Its called getting punched in the mouth. MSU got jacked. PSU didnt looked too good tonight.

And mizzou better drop to 15-20. OSU dropped to 14 after the beat down from the #1 team in the country.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Oct 19, 2008 -> 01:38 AM)
The fun part is whoever wins the Big 12 north(kansas or mizzou) will get the luxury of playing Texas again.

Yikes.

The Big 12 is scary in itself. Offense, offense and more offense.

I watched the Bucks game again this morning, wow, stiff arm bonanza.

Bad loss for my Tarheels. They totally shut down Virginia all day, then they only rush 3 for the final 2 minuets and Virginia flies right down for the touchdown to tie the game (after a deflected point after crept over). In the OT the momentum continues and UNC goes home a loser. When a offense has been so totally controlled I don't see why the prevent is put in at all. Oh well.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 19, 2008 -> 01:50 AM)
Also, impressive win for Ohio State. Michigan State is STILL a joke in big games, and Ohio State is still going to lose to Penn State next week in Columbus, but the Buckeyes deserve credit for their performance today.

i will say that penn state is not going to beat ohio state.

penn state has been a nice story thus far but they've played no one. ohio state's win over michigan state trumps any of penn state's wins.

QUOTE (thedoctor @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 02:33 PM)

penn state has been a nice story thus far but they've played no one. ohio state's win over michigan state trumps any of penn state's wins.

Penn St could easily beat OSU, this game could totally go either way.

They both played Wisky on the road.

Margin of victory:

OSU 3

Penn St 41

And who the hell has Michigan St played??? Javon Ringer is nice and all, but not much there so far.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 11:44 PM)
Penn St could easily beat OSU, this game could totally go either way.

They both played Wisky on the road.

Margin of victory:

OSU 3

Penn St 41

And who the hell has Michigan St played??? Javon Ringer is nice and all, but not much there so far.

i don't think either penn state or michigan state have beaten anyone of consequence this year. i suppose that you could argue the wisconsin win is quality, but is it really? wisconsin's in free fall now. they got crushed by iowa saturday, who lost to michigan state the week before. at this point of the season, penn state's win at wisconsin is about on par with ohio state's win at michigan state, imo.

as far as the scores of osu and penn state's game against wisconsin, i'm not sure that you can really take much out of that as it relates to this weekend's game. is penn state 38 points better than ohio state because they beat wisconsin by that much more?

i think penn state can win the game at ohio state, but i don't think they will.

QUOTE (thedoctor @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 01:33 PM)

I disagree with you, in fact I would be surprised if OSU wins the game. If PSU goes up early, the Bucks are toast. Pryor is a man among boys on the field at times, but he is still a freshman and would have to continue to improve a bunch by the game to be able to air it out on a constant basis.

Of course if they pull an MSU and decide to go up by 3 scores early on PSU it could be a different game.

Couple late thoughts on the Texas game, the only one I caught this weekend in its entirety.

The way Colt McCoy is playing, I'm not certain what college team can stop him. Imagine going into the game with a 79.5% completion rate and improving it against what was a pretty decent team. I mentioned during the game that Texas would receive more respect for winning 35-21 then blowing Missouri out. I was right. Ironic that by totally handling Missouri for a half, with the most impressive offensive performance I've seen in years, they lost respect in some eyes. Blow them out, they sucked, win by 10 or so and they are for real just walked into back to back juggernauts.

That Texas Tech game is shaping up to be something special.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 21, 2008 -> 03:22 PM)
Doesnt Texas Tech have one of the easiest schedules in America? I see them getting Whomped.

The schedule started out really easy, but has been building up since, and Texas Tech has been playing Texas and OU close the past few years. But first TTU has to get by Kansas in Lawrence, that's no fun.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 22, 2008 -> 02:08 PM)
Everytime BTN plays a Michigan game, it's one when they lose. Playing the 99 game vs. MSU with the phantom clock. How about the game vs. MSU where Braylon goes off?

Penn State lost an undefeated season and a chance at a national championship in 2005 thanks to a phantom clock at Michigan Stadium. I think they have an even bigger beef than Michigan did in 1999.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Oct 21, 2008 -> 08:22 PM)
The schedule started out really easy, but has been building up since, and Texas Tech has been playing Texas and OU close the past few years. But first TTU has to get by Kansas in Lawrence, that's no fun.

It is still strange to see KU regarded as a half decent football school. I hope we destroy Tech and their b**** coach Leach.