Official 2008-2009 College Football Thread

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Oct 23, 2008 -> 04:27 PM)
I'm taking a 3-team parlay this week:

Auburn +3 (vs West Virginia)

Georgia +2 (vs LSU)

South Florida -4 (vs Louisville)

Also, the over/under for Auburn/WV is 39. I'm taking the over...

Any advice?

Yeah, don't bet on Auburn!!! lol

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NIU with another big win today, 16-13 vs. Bowling Green on a last second field goal in very windy conditions. We're 4-0 at home and 4-1 in league play now (5-3 overall). HUGE game at Ball State in about a week and a half.

Also, Navy beat SMU 34-7 today. They did not throw a pass either, first 1-A team in 11 years to achieve such a feat. Navy ran the ball 77 times for 404 yards and threw no passes. Amazing.

As for the big games today, Georgia wins a shockingly high scoring game at LSU by 14, Texas Tech and Oklahoma both looked very good, and it sounds like Texas just survived against Oklahoma State. It amazes me Texas has made it this far unbeaten with that schedule, and it gets even more difficult next week playing at Texas Tech.

Penn State wins 13-6 at Ohio State, and is now in the driver seat to go 12-0 this season. The Ohio State defense did a much better job than I would have ever expected, but the Buckeyes offense just couldn't do much. Actually, neither offense did much, but the difference in the game was Pryor's fumble which led to the evening's only touchdown. Even though Ohio State does have some big game wins in recent years such as the Texas and Michigan games in 2006, tonight won't do much to help their national reputation as big game chokers the last few years.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Oct 26, 2008 -> 12:12 AM)
USC turning in another gutless performance at Arizona. No way those guys should be even within 2-3 TD's of USC.

A win is a win. They will probably play Penn State in the national title game. I still don't see Texas running the table just for the amount of tough games. Same goes for Alabama, but they aren't as good as Texas.

Mark May tonight went off about how Texas is so efficient offensively. They scored 28 points today. If Oklahoma State puts up another TD and beats Texas, it's Texas' offense was finally contained this year. Sports media (essentially ESPN, but what's the difference?) is embarrassingly brainless.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Oct 26, 2008 -> 05:19 PM)
So after a whole weekend of betting, I ended up even... haha

As you can see, I ended up getting my a** beat. :lol:

Anyways, TT/TEX is going to be awesome next week. Then again, if Texas loses, I hope Alabama loses along the way, otherwise, Alabama will destroy Penn State in the title game.

If ND only loses 1 more game (@ USC), they may wind up in a BCS game.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 26, 2008 -> 05:56 PM)
As you can see, I ended up getting my a** beat. :lol:

Anyways, TT/TEX is going to be awesome next week. Then again, if Texas loses, I hope Alabama loses along the way, otherwise, Alabama will destroy Penn State in the title game.

If ND only loses 1 more game (@ USC), they may wind up in a BCS game.

It would be an absolute travesty if they make a BCS bowl with 2 losses over a Big 12 or SEC team with only 2 losses. I saw firsthand that ND is a much better football team than last year, but not quite BCS worthy yet. Yeah yeah, I know it hasn't mattered in the past.

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Oct 26, 2008 -> 01:15 AM)
f*** PSU. f*** f*** f***

Eh, one play away from upsetting them, not a huge deal. Defense looked great though. To be honest, PSU getting that close to losing to OSU makes me think they would get crushed in the BCS title game.