Official 2008-2009 College Football Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I'm going to say is that I was stunned to see where everyone is pegging Iowa to finish next season. I've seen them predicted as a top 13 team and the best team in the big ten. I'm not sure I get that since they are losing three stud underclassmen (the two big defensive guns on the line and Shonne Greene the best running back in college football this season). Oh and I'd once again like to pat Ferentz on the back as his teams have beaten some big time schools in bowls during his tenure (and aside from the USC loss in there first BCS game they pretty much were in or leading every bowl game).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 11, 2009 -> 03:09 PM)
All I'm going to say is that I was stunned to see where everyone is pegging Iowa to finish next season. I've seen them predicted as a top 13 team and the best team in the big ten. I'm not sure I get that since they are losing three stud underclassmen (the two big defensive guns on the line and Shonne Greene the best running back in college football this season). Oh and I'd once again like to pat Ferentz on the back as his teams have beaten some big time schools in bowls during his tenure (and aside from the USC loss in there first BCS game they pretty much were in or leading every bowl game).

Who the hell are these people? The main reason so many people thought Ferentz might leave is he had a very good team this year and probably will have a non-bowl team next year due to personnel losses (mainly Greene of course).

As for Tebow, he's Christian Laettner, except with a wider media following due to the 24 hour news cycle, and obviously a different sport. And to make matters worse, the media seems to think the fact that he has a strong faith in God MAKES him God. He'll be good but overrated again next year, and have a long mediocre career as a NFL backup QB unless he tries to change positions, in which case he'll be out of the league within a year or two. Colt McCoy I didn't think got too much attention this year, he was just that damn good, although he's smart to come back because he hasn't shown he can throw downfield, and might have the chance to next year with some of their young weapons a year older and Shipley back.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Minnesota beat Illinois on 10/11/2008 by a score of 27-20 (on the road!)

Illinois beat Iowa on 11/01/2008 by a score of 27-24

Iowa beat South Carolina on 01/01/2009 by a score of 31-10 (on the road!)

South Carolina beat Mississippi on 10/04/2008 by a score of 31-24 (on the road!)

Mississippi beat Florida on 09/27/2008 by a score of 31-30 (on the road!)

Florida is the 2008 Div 1-A champion

So ... Minnesota was the best Div 1-A school for the 2008 college football season!

http://www.racarie.com/cftransitive/index.php?team=60

Discuss :P

Edited by Felix

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well tomorrow will be an interesting day. Tomorrow is the deadline between Texas Tech and Mike Leach over signing his new contract offer. The offer is for 12.7M over 5 years, which would make him again one of the top 20 paid coaches in the nation.

The interesting part is whether or not Tech's Chancellor will fire Leach tomorrow if nothing is resolved. Leach's retarded agents went behind Tech's Chancellor, Athletic Director, and Presidents backs in the negotiations and tried to negotiate with the Board of Regents. This pissed off the Regents, and everyone else involved and Tech's Chancellor considers it "insubordination", which is grounds for firing.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Feb 16, 2009 -> 04:38 PM)
Well tomorrow will be an interesting day. Tomorrow is the deadline between Texas Tech and Mike Leach over signing his new contract offer. The offer is for 12.7M over 5 years, which would make him again one of the top 20 paid coaches in the nation.

The interesting part is whether or not Tech's Chancellor will fire Leach tomorrow if nothing is resolved. Leach's retarded agents went behind Tech's Chancellor, Athletic Director, and Presidents backs in the negotiations and tried to negotiate with the Board of Regents. This pissed off the Regents, and everyone else involved and Tech's Chancellor considers it "insubordination", which is grounds for firing.

They're bluffin'. No way he gets fired, especially after the year they just had.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 17, 2009 -> 04:37 PM)
Seriously, when does the season start again???

I'm getting ready by watching youtube vid's of Pryor

I'd be going insane right now if baseball wasn't right around the corner. I'm not sure how good the Illini will be overall, but the passing attack should be spectacular.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Feb 17, 2009 -> 05:23 PM)
Indications are that the Board of Regents will be meeting on Friday to finalize the buyout of Mike Leach. Well, that was a fun 9 years.

Unbelievable if true.

Edited by Jordan4life