White Sox Loser

whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 2, 2008 -> 10:15 PM)
I find it sort of funny the talk about how the Sox "don't deserve" to be in first right now. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Sox are currently on one of their longest road trips of the season right now, while Minny has been getting comfortable at home. They lost today, on the road, to a team better than the Indians. The Twins, already seeing the Sox had lost today, blew a huge game, AT HOME, against the worst team in the Central. However, they apparently are the ones that belong in first.

Interesting.

The Sox allowed the Royals to come to Chicago and take two out of three, the Sox got schooled by Minnesota and not looking good at all @ KC right now. We have been playing like s*** lately, our pitching is falling apart. The only reason we are still in first place is because Twins simply choke when they have a chance to take over. I didn't say Twins deserve to be in first place, and Tigers sure don't. It is interesting that some of us don't see that we are struggling. I find it sort of sad.

EDIT: And Cleveland and KC are sporting very similar records, you can't say one is better than other, maybe against us they are.

Edited by tommy

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 10:12 AM)
I will say that if I had to give my opinion on this, the Sox are going to go into September with about a 4.5 game lead in the division because 16 of the next 19 are at home and they have a day off before the second toughest roadstand (I consider Oakland harder than Boston simply because they always struggle against Oakland and it is so far out west);

I am going to quote this in my sig after today because I'm going to need a laugh every once in a while with how pathetic this team will be for the rest of the year.

Simply put, the Twins are better than the Sox right now. Hopefully things change over the last 50 games.

I don't see how anybody could argue with Fathom on that sentiment. They are taking care of business while we are continuing our sometimes good, sometimes bad ways. Like he said, hopefully it'll change.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 10:09 PM)
I don't see how anybody could argue with Fathom on that sentiment. They are taking care of business while we are continuing our sometimes good, sometimes bad ways. Like he said, hopefully it'll change.

In the past week, absolutely they have played better. For I'm not sure what time period, they arguably have played better. However, as for the entire season they are a mere half game better than us and to argue that they are absolutely head and shoulders better than us is a total discredit to all of our accomplishments thus far this season. We have been hampered by a few injuries and big time slumps, not to mention played I believe 10 more road games than the Twins. Despite all this, our records are almost identical. The bottom line is that we are far more talented than the Twins. If we play like we are able to and they do the same, we will win this division easily.

Edit: greg775 this post is not aimed directly at you but rather the whole of soxtalkers jumping ship. Can we lose this thing? Suer can. I just hope our players don't feel the same way as all of you, or we indeed are in serious trouble. However, since they are athletes and are naturally competitive, I trust they haven't laid down because they know as I do that we can win this thing because it is ours to win with the tools that we have on our team.

Edited by Jake

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 11:05 PM)
Jake, for the record i'm not jumping ship; I'm concerned. We ain't been playing good baseball for a couple weeks now. I'm hopeful. I want us to win. I just am concerned especially KC beating us 4 of 6.

I did in fact reread your post and realized you weren't nearly as pessimistic as the others that got me going on that rant, which is why I felt the need to make that edit.

Just got back from all 3 games:

Game 1- fun game, Javy pitched well. Good to see we don't have to hit shots and bombs to win (all 12 hits were singles).

Game 2- crappy until the comeback, every Sox fan around us thought Ramirez's was gone. Mark pitched like poop. Good effort, Indians did us a favor.

Game 3- crappy all around effort, I'm sure the 107 heat index was the excuse. Richard isn't ready yet. Olivo is a b*tch- go get 'em Tuesday.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 11:26 PM)
Just got back from all 3 games:

Game 1- fun game, Javy pitched well. Good to see we don't have to hit shots and bombs to win (all 12 hits were singles).

Game 2- crappy until the comeback, every Sox fan around us thought Ramirez's was gone. Mark pitched like poop. Good effort, Indians did us a favor.

Game 3- crappy all around effort, I'm sure the 107 heat index was the excuse. Richard isn't ready yet. Olivo is a b*tch- go get 'em Tuesday.

Olivo's a b****? How about Carrasco who lays his hand on Miguel's head in an apparent attempt to bless him or something.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 12:46 AM)
I am going to jackoff all over this board if the Sox are 4.5 games in first place, because I'll be able to rub it in Frankensteiner's face and because the Sox are 4.5 games in first place.

Someone will probably have to keep me in check.

Not that I want to see it, but I'd love to see them get that far up ahead again in 1st. Although, that is going to be very tough especially since every SP for Minnesota has an ERA under 4.3 (I think).

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 11:47 PM)
Not that I want to see it, but I'd love to see them get that far up ahead again in 1st. Although, that is going to be very tough especially since every SP for Minnesota has an ERA under 4.3 (I think).

Yeah, and every one of them is under 26 and by and large in their first full season as a starter in the majors. Slowey and Baker have thrown this amount of innings before (both in a combination of the majors and minors); however, Liriano has already thrown about 140 innings this season, hasn't thrown this many since 2005 in the minors (where he threw 167), and both Blackburn and Perkins will almost certainly eclipse their career high in innings. Constantly being on the road won't help either.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 12:05 AM)
Yeah, and every one of them is under 26 and by and large in their first full season as a starter in the majors. Slowey and Baker have thrown this amount of innings before (both in a combination of the majors and minors); however, Liriano has already thrown about 140 innings this season, hasn't thrown this many since 2005 in the minors (where he threw 167), and both Blackburn and Perkins will almost certainly eclipse their career high in innings. Constantly being on the road won't help either.

Yes I find it funny how our team, filled with established vets, is destined to go down the s***ter but the team made largely of unproven, untested unknowns is somehow just flat out better. They may very well beat us, but the writing isn't exactly on the wall.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 01:13 AM)
Yes I find it funny how our team, filled with established vets, is destined to go down the s***ter but the team made largely of unproven, untested unknowns is somehow just flat out better. They may very well beat us, but the writing isn't exactly on the wall.

That's really how I feel and what I've been trying to get across but have failed to do so. Thank you.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 12:46 AM)
I am going to jackoff all over this board if the Sox are 4.5 games in first place, because I'll be able to rub it in Frankensteiner's face and because the Sox are 4.5 games in first place.

Hey, I hope you get to do this, because that would mean the Sox have a 4.5 game lead. I'd be one happy dude.